Pete Yorn Concert + James Frederick = Excitement

Let me begin by revisiting the last entry that I recorded here in blogger. It was a concert survey. One of the questions asked was the following:

Coolest thing to get at a concert?:

My response was:

Autographs... and/or guitar picks, drum sticks, set lists--you get the gist... I have some of all of such things, minus the drum sticks, in my concert diary.

That answer has been changed slightly since the Pete Yorn concert @ The Egg in Albany Tuesday night. The line, "minus the drum sticks" must now be replaced with "including a drum stick."

More on that later.

Firstly, I had a blast! I attended the show with some excellent companions, ate at a nice Chinese/Japanese restaurant before the show, sat in row A, sang along with 90% of the songs, got to stand up and dance (well, not really dance but, you know what one does at a concert), and took some pictures. Some of which came out blurry... but you get the idea.



This man is so cool.



More coolness.



Electric guitar = cool.



on the harp = cool!



I wish I was this cool.

Follwing the concert, I meandered to the stage in hopes of a roadie tossing a drumstick or a set list to a huge Pete Yorn fan like myself. There, I met a girl--who was wearing a very funky flat cap, which was checkered black and white--who was also hoping to snag a Pete Yorn artifact. Alas, the curtain closed and no roadies were seen. At which point I saw someone from the crowd hop up on stage and walk behind the curtain. He returned with a set list.

That is when I made my decision and jumped up on the stage. I dived under the curtain and found one of the drumsticks that I had seen the drummer toss after the last song. I grabbed it and started to bolt.

Then I felt bad that checkered flat cap girl, whose name I didn't get, was empty handed; so, I slipped back under the curtain to see if I could see the other drumstick. I didn't see it. Instead I saw a roadie. I freaked and bolted off the stage.

However, the roadie soon emerged with a set list in his hand. He gave it to checkered flat cap girl. She let me take a piture of it after the show.



Upon inspecting the set list, I notice that Pete did not consider it to be "set." He definitely played a song or two that isn't listed and definitely switched the order up (Something that I often do and then regret it later as I forget what I've played already...).

One song that he played that wasn't on the list was Girl Like You. As it turns out, he played it specifically for another Pete Yorn fan who had e-mailed him a week earlier asking if he would play it. It was her wedding song, you see.

How cool is that?

It's Pete Yorn cool.

On top of having a great time at the concert, I made lots of friends--which is always excellent.



ps-all of the above pictures were taken by me, James Frederick. You can copy them if you wish. But don't tell people that they came from your camera! That would be rude... not to mention illegal. :)