Lazy

I have been incredibly lazy today -- yesterday, too, actually. In fact, now that I reminisce, I recall taking two mid-day naps yesterday. Today, I have not taken a nap; although, I did sleep until 10:15, which is incredibly late for me in my current state of not-being-a-college-student-anymore. Still, I have not done much of anything today except: scan every single job search website for interesting openings, turn the sprinkler on, move the sprinkler to various parts of the lawn (front, back, etc), walk to the store to buy hot dogs to grill for dinner, and play about 12 games of solitaire. I also did a load of laundry and -- oh, wait! -- I did take a nap! Right before lunch.

Anyways, I have been putting off blogging about this past Thursday because I have been so incredibly lazy that I have not wanted to even sit and type. Plus, Friday was quite busy (more on that later). Still, here I am. And, so, here I go:

I attended open mic, as usual, and I made a friend. I met Amy Antin outside of the wooden doors of Caffe Lena. She was waiting with her boyfriend when her father came up the street. She introduced herself to me only after stating that they were there first. Amy is from Germany, and yet, has spent a good part of her life in New York teaching at NYU. She talked about turning to songwriting and the state of folk music in Germany. She also talked about how Joni Mitchell's music was a big influence on her own, which was quite apparent when she played at the open mic. She borrowed my guitar after we decided that Lena's house guitar was going to be difficult to keep in tune, and she made it sound quite good.

I played Endless and Passenger right before the room cleared out. I joked to Jennifer Holmes that everyone had left quickly to buy my CD before it sold out at Borders, "because -- clearly -- I am amazing" (sarcasm intended, not pretentiousness).

Later on, Maurizio sang Right in Front of Me, one of his best songs. He forgot the words, however. I yelled out the next line, because I have heard it a few times and I like it and I've actually practiced it as a potential cover. Maurizio asked me to come up and sing the first verse, which I did and it was fun.

Later(er) on, a bunch of Lena's open micers (mikers?) met up at the Circus cafe, which is a bar/cafe and has a late night open mic. The place was crowded and I joked to Jennifer Holmes that everyone who left Lena's after I played told their friends about how "incredibly awesome I am" and that I would be playing at the Circus cafe. There was a long list of performers, but Maurizio had come over earlier and signed a few of us up so I was near the top of the list. I played Road to Nowhere and Wildflowers by Tom Petty. There was a good response to Road to Nowhere, which was pretty cool. It was also cool to play in a loud room, where the PA was louder. I socialized for a little while after I played, but I quickly remembered that I needed to get up relatively early on Friday...






------




I got up relatively early on Friday. Stephanie and I went car shopping and we bought one: a car. It's a Mazda 3 and it's red. However, we won't have it until Wednesday or Thursday. We got a pretty good deal; although, I'm disappointed in what they are giving us for the trade. I think I could have gotten more from them if I acted upset and then left. I bartered with them and they included a free remote car starter, which we wanted. Still, I think they could have given us more for the trade on top of that.