Frozen

It is incredibly cold out. Actually, it's incredibly cold inside too... I came home too early and the digital thermostat didn't kick on until about the time I got here, which means that it's only 62 instead of 68. So, I'm sitting on the floor of the bathroom with the laptop on the toilet (seat down, of course) with the space heater on high. (This of course being the most efficient use of the space heater as the space that it is required to heat is smaller here in the bathroom than, say, the kitchen or living room or computer room).

Thursday night did not go as planned and the wicked storm that passed through (mostly lots of snow and icey-rain, but LOTS of icey-rain in Saratoga) caused me to postpone the interview for Inside the Open Mic and the interview with the guy from the Gazette. That will be happening this coming Thursday instead.

I went Christmas shopping today -- just grabbed a couple things quick for my brother and siter-in-law. Stores and places to eat were wickedly mobbed by people. Parking lots were full and cars were parking in places that were not meant to be parked in. After finishing shopping (and stopping off at Barnes and Noble to pick up my book -- see last posting), I went to Uncommon Grounds for a late lunch and some reading time. After picking up my bagel sandwich from the counter, I walked the coffee shop and found nowhere to sit. There were a few tables taken up by college kids with laptops and I thought about asking if they would share their space for a hungry reader, when someone got up. I was lucky to nab the open seat because, while I ate, I watched quite a lot of people pass by more than once looking for somewhere to sit.

I ended up moving twice more after that before finding a comfortable chair that wasn't near the door. Lots of people coming and going meant lots of cold air coming and staying.

I read the first few chapters of my book (again, see the last posting) and I plan on reading for the rest of the night. Although, I may pick up my guitar for a little bit. I'll write a song about overcrowded cities around the holidays and how much such things make it difficult to sit and read in a warm area of a coffee shop.