Graduation, as well as, My Triumphant Return to the Open Mic.

It will be no more than 5 days of my internship and a weekend full of last minute papers and porfolios until I am officially done with school... forever. Yes, it is true; I will be graduating--finally. My actual graduation day is May 13th; however, This next week is my last week of school--I am so excited about it that I can hardly contain myself.

Okay, I am contained--but just barely.

It has been such a difficult journey; it's hard to accept the fact that it's actually ending. I'm really not sure what to think of it. I do, however, know exactly what my next step is: find a way to pay for it. Ahhhhh, student loans!

So, last night was excellent. My thursday night class was cancelled due to a conference that my professor attended. Since there was no class, I went to Lena's. It was the first time that I played on the stage in over a month--almost two! I got picked late and ended up with a fairly late time slot. Normally, this would not be a very big deal, however, I needed to be up early--and actually awake, rather than sleep walking, which I normally function at in the morning--for my internship; so, I was toying with the idea of leaving and not playing. Incidently, I only toyed with the idea, which did not, after all, come to fruition--I stayed... and I played. I decided to play Endless and Breaking Free--two songs that I play well and are written well. I got a pretty sweet ("pretty sweet" meaning: slightly above average) applause for Endless; I smiled. It made me feel great! I played great; but, my leg was shaking uncontrollably--it was really weird. I don't know why it was doing it...

Unfortunately, I had to leave right after I played. Internship, of course. I don't like doing that--leaving right after I play. When other people do it, it annoys me--I'm sure I annoyed some people last night. In the near future I'll be staying for the whole night, which will be great! I realized, last night, how much I really miss hearing certain people play. I haven't heard Kate Blain play in what seems like forever. She is an excellent songwriter and a beautiful singer. Maurizio played some new ones last night--both of which are quite good. There were a lot of other good players there that night. I would talk about them all but I don't remember all of their names or what they played.

Okay, any minute now I am going to start rambling as a firm lack of sleep is rendering me nearly incoherent. Not to mention the fact that this post does not follow your typical essay/journal writing conventions. I am simply incapable of focusing my thoughts in such a way. The familiar introduction/body paragraph/body paragraph/body paragraph/conclusion format is non-existent. For that I apologize and abruptly fall asleep on the keyboard.

akjeio;vnave;a 392 43Q90J3FALC JVAC3J02Q