Allergies--A Lost Blog

I just realized that I wrote this blog entry back in August, but I never posted it. I don't remember why I didn't post it... and since I'm lacking anything new to blog about, here it is:

AUGUST 16th, 2006

Here I sit suffering from itchy watery eyes, sore throat, and sinus pressure... gosh, I sound like I should be in a NyQuil commercial. I love NyQuil--you giant ____________ Q. Actually, my symptoms aren't quite what I mentioned. I itch. My eyes, my sinuses, my throat--it all itches... and like mad too! It seems to get like this every August. Yes, I am taking stuff; it's just not making it all go away, which is what I want.

Besides the allergies, I have interesting stuff to blog about here. So, let the interesting stuff begin!

I got a new PA system! It's pretty phat--yes, phat. It is phat because the guitar sounds warm with a good amount bass supporting it. It is also phat becuase the vocals are nice. Although, I'm saying these things without actually field testing the PA. I have been using it at home and playing with the levels and such, but a true test is needed. Luckily, I have a gig on Saturday in which I will be using the PA for the first time. (I just realized that I have been saying "PA" a lot... maybe the PA needs a name for identification purposes? Maybe.) I'm pretty excited about the gig; even though, I'm worried that my allergies are going to prevent me from sounding my best in the singing category.

The second piece of interesting stuff to blog about is the Counting Crows/Goo Goo Dolls concert that I attended a week and a half ago. It was great! Counting Crows sounded amazing! They played a lot of acoustic songs and a lot of their electric songs acoustically; so, I was quite happy about that! What was really amazing about the acoustic sets was the sound; the acoustic guitars sounded really acoustic--even though they were played through such an involved sound system. Anyone who knows anything about acoustic guitars and electric sound systems knows that it's tough to get an acoustic guitar to sound like an acoustic guitar through an electric sound system--follow? The Goo Goo Dolls sounded pretty good. Most of their shows are note worthy due to the energy that the band exudes. However, their sound is very fuzzy, buzzy, electric guitar-y--which is not particularly my favorite type of sound. I much prefer warm acoustic guitar sounds. The overall bestest part of the concert was the seats! WOOOOOO!! Stephanie and I sat in the PIT! That's right, section 40 at SPAC. I took some sweet pictures, which I plan to enlarge, frame, and hang on my wall of music--which is to my right as we speak... or type...

Alright, I must gargle with warm salty water, put eye drops in my--yes--eyes, blow my nose, and practice a bit for my gig. I'm hoping I have enough songs... Don't tell anyone; but, I may need to play a couple of songs twice.

09/17/06 UPDATE: The gig at the Coffee Planet was excellent! The un-named PA sounded excellent! I sounded excellent! I made some excellent friends and a little bit of tip money, which is--of course--excellent; and, generally, had an amazing (a.k.a. excellent) time. I'm definately looking forward to my next gig at the Flavour Cafe, which is in about a week.