Friday Night

*Disclaimer: What follows may not be considered of interest to anyone other than the severely bored or the possibly insane.

You were warned!

It's Friday night--the night of the week where you are suppossed to get out and cleanse yourself of the previous five days. I'm at home sitting in front of my computer wrapped up in a blanked and freezing to death. Normally, I hang out with some friends on Fridays and goof off (goofing off typically includes: beating my friends in ping-pong, playing video games, watching comedy central, going to taco bell, etc...); however, this particular Friday finds one of my friends ill. Thus, the Friday night cleansing of the week is postponed.

There is nothing to do when you are alone on a Friday night. I have solved five SuDoKu puzzles, practiced a couple of songs, attempted to write a new song, checked my e-mail, checked my myspace, checked my website, and looked for a job. Now, I'm eating crackers and doing google searches using words like: bored, boring, crackers, james frederick, something interesting to occupy james frederick for some period of time, for the love of god something that isn't a SuDoKu puzzle, and super hero training (there is nothing close by... I'd have to commute).

Friday nights aren't meant to be spent like this. I wish I had known a few days ago that the afore mentioned friend was going to be ill and unable to hang out. You can never predict if your going to be suddenly and violently ill. It would be nice if someone would invent a device that can dedect such a scenario. It could be the size of a cell phone and have some sort of attatchment that goes into some part of your body (like your ear! What were you thinking?). Then, in moments, you would get a read out that says, "you will not be ill for the next five days." And you would go on making plans to do things for the next five days. Then, in a few days, you would use the device again. "You will get food poisoning from eating crackers."

Which would really suck because crackers are a good snack as far as I'm concerned.

To wash down the crackers, I'm drinking cream soda, which is pretty much my favorite drink in the whole world; although, have you ever tried to get cream soda at a restaurant? They don't ever have it?! WHYEEE?!?! What is with the standard: coke, diet coke, seven up, and sometimes root beer or Dr. Pepper. I usually get root beer, which is pretty much my second favorite drink in the whole world. Still though, we should totally start a petition to get restaurants to carry cream soda. We can all write letters.

Speaking of letters, there have been an influx of letters to the editor published in the local newspaper that deal with the rituals of Halloween. There are a few people who are attempting to stop, like completely quell--if you will--the entire night... because--and this is simply my interpretation of the letters--trick-or-treat is satanic.

Yup. It is.

I would also like to add that carving pumpkins is murder and all activities that involve using knives and vegetables should be considered the work of evil hands.

I'm joking, of course. I kind of hope that the people who wrote the letters to the editor are joking too. Atlthough, I doubt it.

Well, I'm out of crackers and I just took my last sip of cream soda. I'll wrap up this blog with a website that I found. Apparently, these science fiction authors were asked to write short stories in six words or less. Some of them are REALLY good.

Short Stories.

I decided to try it. Here is what I came up with:

Fur Elise. Bang. Heard of "vibrate"?







addendum: I forgot all about the high school football game tonight! I promised some students I would go. Luckily, I got there in time for the second half. It was pretty sweet to see my students kicking the tail out of my former high school's team. Ha ha.