Playin' Busy

The title is a bit of a play on words. You see, I've been playing (playin') a lot lately, which makes me very busy--or plain busy, which sounds a little like playin' busy... get it? Me neither...

Anyway, I have had three gigs in three weeks! That is quite busy for me! I didn't advertise (I think that's the right word) all of the gigs, though. Mainly because two out of the three were benefits.

The first of which was a benefit for a local museum. There was food and drinks and an auction. It was a cold night and there was definately a bug problem (we were outside under a tent), but otherwise it was a fun night! The food was great--of course, I had some--and I had some nice conversations with the people whom I met. I also made some good tips, which is great because it definately shows that my performance was appreciated. It is, after all, so easy to walk in to a venue, play, and walk out without feeling like playing even mattered.

The next gig I had was at Flavour Cafe in Troy. I really love the atmosphere there. There are cool colors and the lighting is just right. Also, the food and coffee is good. One of the benefits of being a performer is getting free food. Don't tell anyone I said that! The down side is that you don't always get paid on top of the free food. You win some, you lose some :)

Finally, I played at a benefit in Gloversville at the very foot of the Great Adirondacks! There were easily between 300 and 400 people there, making this the biggest audience I've ever had (and probably the biggest one I'll ever have). It feels good to play at benefits. It also feels good to play for a large crowd and on a stage. The sound was wicked! I could hear my voice echoing throughout the pavillion as I sang or just talked. It really made me feel like a I was rockstar.

My next gig isn't until late October--I can't remember the exact date. I'm hoping to write a song in that time.

I realize this is a lame way to end the blog entry, but I'm suddenly very tired and all I can really think about is my pillow...

so...

pillow.