Slow Jed's Mudhouse

It's the Sunday morning after my Slow Jed's Mudhouse gig. I'm tired. Singing for two hours is tough work! Even so, the gig was great! I had a blast and people tell me I sounded good--two things that matter most in the realm of music making. I also had some good compliments in the form of acknowledgement; people seemed to enjoy what I was doing.

I have to say that Slow Jed's is one of the coolest places I have ever been. A lot of people have been praising it, but I remained skeptical as always. As soon as I walked in, though, I was loving it. The walls are very cool colors (the room that has the stage is colored the same red as my kitchen!). There is unique lighting and fantastic art on the walls. It's a very warm atmosphere; it's a place that you can go and hang out and feel like you are home and not at home at the same time. Not sure what that means? I recommend visiting Slow Jed's to find out!

I was a little nervous last night--not sure why, though. Maybe it was because I had heard such great things about the cafe/coffeehouse and the atmosphere that I felt like I had to be great in order to fit in. Condsidering one's self to be great is a difficult thing to do... pretentiousness, pompousness, and arrogance comes from considering one's self to be great. I don't want any of that. "Good" is good enough for me.

Here follows the set list that I followed last night:

Breaking Free
Rainy Day
1st Person Perspective
Stars and Fireflies
Passenger
Crayons
Time of Need (Adams)
Walking; Standing Still
Ring of Fire (Cash)
Rainbow Connection (The Frog)
-Break-
Let Her Cry (Hootie)
Jessie (Kadison)
What's up (Four Non-Blondes)
Sink or Swim
In Your Dreams
Embrace Impact
Endless
Walking; Standing Still (as per request)
Behold! The Knight


I had a few more songs I was thinking about playing but I decided against it. I'm working on covering Gulf of Mexico by Shawn Mullins, but I haven't had enough time to practice it yet. I'm also working on a new song, which isn't quite ready for gigs either. Maybe I'll try one of them at the open mic this week.

hmmmmmmmmm

Anyways... I'm looking forward to playing at Slow Jed's again sometime soon. If I don't play there, I atleast hope to catch someone else's show.




ps-big thanks to everyone who came out to enjoy my little songs :)