3SongNight

Last night at Lena's open mic, the list was short. Which meant: it was a very rare three song night! Wowweee. Whenever the list is short enough and the host (who was Gary Moon this past week) makes a judgement call, performers get to play three songs instead of two. However, this rare phenomena can garner strange results. For example, some people see fifteen minutes as a huge amount of time. I can understand, when I get up there on a three song night, I feel like it's more of my own show. I can say more in between songs (because there are more songs so there is also more in between songs). Some people, then, tell their life stories and the host can sometimes feel that he made a bad judgement call.

Still, last night went fairly well, and most people stuck to their fifteen minutes.

I snapped a few camera phone pics of Bob Redman, Phil Drum, and Dave Scheffel -- who went on before me, which meant I had to play after a band, which can suck when you are a solo person. Let's face it, bands produce more sound than any solo dude.





Then, I had Stephanie take a few of me.



I played In Your Dreams, Walking; Standing Still, and Road to Nowhere (the words of which I remembered this time). The theme was: not really liking the job that you have.



(ps- you can click on these pictures to see them bigger...)



Stephanie also took a picture of the list.





------



Good news: my allergies seem to have subsided. Pretty much after I posted about feeling "cruddy," I started to feel better. I woke up the next morning with barely any itchiness. And things went uphill from there. Hopefully, I can get something done on the music front. I should think about getting a gig or two, as well. Actually, my plan is to start this new job on Monday (hopefully... I haven't heard back from them regarding my background check, yet), work a few weeks and start to get the feel of having a paycheck, and then I'll shop for a vocal delay. I feel the most confident singing when I have a delay effect. It just seems to add more depth to the vocals, which -- let's face it -- isn't my strong point.