Job

I started a new job today. I, like, just got home from it -- my first day. Wow. So far, so good! Although, I was a little worried when I reported to where I was supposed to report at 8:30 this morning and at 8:35 took this picture of myself...



..because there was no one else there at the time, and I was definitely wondering if I wrote down the wrong day, time, or place. Then, just as I was putting my phone away, the training people came in. "Sorry, we're late!" they said.




-------



Yesterday, my pilot dad took Stephanie and I up for an aerial look at the foliage.



We really weren't expecting to see much color, as it is still quite early for fall foliage, but...





...there was actually some beginnings of reds and oranges. Though, there was not much yellow.



The sun was in the eyes of co-pilot -- or something.



Before we took off, Stephanie was quite entertained by the helicopter that was practicing landing.





-------



I found out recently that Robert Jordan (author of a particularly long fantasy series) died. His "Wheel of Time" series consisted of 11 novels. That's a long story. What fascinates me most about his death, however, is the fact that book 12 is supposed to be the final book... which, he didn't write... and is not going to get the chance to write. Thus, he worked for much of his life putting together this incredibly long and involved story... and he didn't finish it. Not to mention the fact that many, many people have invested time involving themselves in this story by reading all of these novels and now... they have no conclusion.

"Wheel of Time" is a pretty popular series and I see the books every time I go to the book store, but I never pick them up. I haven't wanted to invest my time in such a long series until I was sure that, as a whole, it was good.

From what I understand, by reading an article about his death and book 12, Robert Jordan has left notes and instructions to his family about the various story lines that he has created and where they are meant to go. So, the conclusion is out there. It just needs to be written by someone other than the story's creator.