Leaves

Yesterday, I came home from work to find this:



(if you require a better description: it is a pile of leaves -- at least three feet high with about a five foot diameter -- in front of my drive way... which meant I parked in the street, got a shovel and a metal rake, spent about an hour shoveling/raking/pushing/pulling leaves to the side, and THEN pulled in my driveway.)

I have no idea why the leaves were there. They weren't blown there or accidentally moved there by an unsuspecting driver. They were pushed there on purpose. I called the city and they said that there was no leaf pick up going on in my area. So, it wasn't their fault. The police wondered why I wanted to report it. Figures.

I'm baffled. And my back hurts. And whoever did it deserves... well, I'll let you pick their fate.





-------





After shoveling/raking/pushing/pulling, I rested for a bit, changed and went to Lena's. It was a wonderful night at open mic. I had a nice conversation with Kyle Carey about how rainy days are depressing and how early darkness is claustrophobic. I also saw Phil Camp, who bought my bass guitar a few years ago, and who I have not seen since (except in cyberspace). He used a loop device for his set. I also saw Samuel and Lisa, who I have not seen in quite a bit.

Gary Moon hosted and was quite intrigued by the exit signs. (The two exits are right next to each other). He also played a new song that he wrote, which is about being a hero and references many things that I love: comic book super heroes, dragons, knights, princesses.



There is always a row of guitar cases... I love it.



Stephanie thought that the chipped paint looks like an Egyptian princess...



I played Rainy Day and Phila Street Serenade because Gary requested it. He is working on a cover (yes, of a James Frederick tune! How exciting is that!) of it and often asks me to play my version. Though, I haven't heard his version yet.

I pulled out the triangle again and added random "tings" to random songs. Phil Drum told me to let loose on his tunes and I totally did, rocking out like I was bad a** triangle... erm... man. The best part was when I started playing Rainy Day and I got to the end of the first measure and started to switch to the next when I hear a gentle "ting." I looked up and Phil Drum was sitting in the back with the triangle. I laughed. Then continued the song to random "tings." It was appropriate and sounded quite good for the song.

The Caffe Lena guitar for auction is now up to 400 dollars. My $50.01 (what I can afford) bid didn't stand much of a chance.