Newness

I, finally, updated the myspace music player. The same four songs had been on it for over a year, and two of those four had been up since much longer... Crayons, for instance, was the first song I ever uploaded. Well, I deleted them all and put up four new recordings. (well, I shouldn't say "new"... I recorded the tracks back in early summer and just mixed them yesterday and a couple days ago). They recordings are okay. Still not stellar. I did them at home and in order for recordings to be great they need to be done in a studio... by someone who knows what they are doing. But, they are the best recordings I've done thus far. And they are all that I've got.




-------




I attended Lena's open mic Thursday, as usual. I played In Your Dreams and Road to Nowhere. It was small crowd (the way I like it) and my songs sounded good.

At one point, I found myself in the "Lena Room" where Phil Drum and Ray Guigere were sharing oooOOOOOoooooold blues songs that they know.



Phil played Ray's very oooooOOOOOoooooold Gibson guitar. (Check out that Caffe Lena bumper sticker on the door)



I found a triangle in the office. There was no striker, though. But, I found a random screw lying around and used that. Thus, I could be heard adding random tings here and there to people's songs. I may quit the guitar all together and take up the triangle.