PS3

My friend, Justin, received a Playstation 3 for Christmas. He brought it over last night and we basked in all of its glorious graphic clarity. Although, there aren't a lot of multi-player games, which -- for me -- makes the thing worthless, because I pretty much only play video games nowadays when friends are around. True, Assassin's Creed -- one of the games Justin brought -- was so life-like and so endearing that I could have just sat there and watched him play it for hours. We did play a fighter pilot game that was two players. To move your plane, you had to tilt the controller. I flat-out sucked (but, then I have never been able to get a handle on plane flying games). Here is a picture of my friend, Bill, tilting and exhibiting pure concentration.








--------





Caffe Lena on Thursday (in pictures):

Chris O'Brien, who comes to open mic when he is home from school, and has a wonderful voice and very contemporary style.



Ray Pashoukos, who was the host for the night.



Frank and Ben, who played Breakdown by Tom Petty. And they did a great job at it, too! Ben nailed a lot of the solos and the song really has a lot of solos. People in the back, including me, sang the back up vocals: break, break, breakDOWN! and ooooooooo-oooooOOOOOOoooooo-ooooooo.



Phil Drum, sleeping on his guitar??? or listening to it...



I played Endless and Crayons, on which Dave Scheffel played Harmonica. They were both requested. Wow. People requested my tunes.





-------





I finished a new song. (yay!). It's kind of cheesy. I might play it at next week's open mic. Though, it wasn't quite ready for this past week, I played it for Stephanie. She said she liked it and that it was thoughtful and not cheesy.

What's it about? It's hard to say, really. It's one of those types of songs where you can't really say, "It's about...".

In the song, the narrator compares himself to a snowman. Because, for some reason he has become lonely and snowmen are often alone and left out in the cold. (cheesy)

It's called Frozen and it was inspired by a lonely, disheveled looking snowman that I saw last year around Christmas time. I thought -- at the time -- that if the snowman had thoughts, he would probably be pretty cold and lonely. So, I have been obsessing about lonely snowmen for a year... and I finally managed to write about it.

I'm relatively happy with the song (aside from the cheesiness), which is good, cause I needed a win in the songwriting realm. It has been a while.