Simple Theory

Last night, Stephanie and I saw Simple Theory (Maurizio and Brittany) at Mochablend. Wow. Firstly, they have a great sound set up. I'm envious. Secondly, Brittany has an absolutely awesome voice. Thirdly, they were more entertaining than a typical coffee house/cafe performer typically is (typical/typically -- I did that on purpose). I've always thought of Maurizio as being better than most; he's quite captivating. Now that he is playing with Brittany... they are just on the next level.

Here are some pictures:



I tried to take an artsy-ish picture by getting the candle light in the shot... it didn't really work out... (ps-that is a root beer bottle on the right)



Unfortunately, the lights were low for ambiance, which is not good for Razr camera phones.



This is a hot chocolate. I love the cup, and the foam is incredibly awesome!



The great sound set up, and being at Mochablend, has prompted me to *gasp* actually work on my own sound. I have been at it for an hour or so and I think I like they way my guitar sounds. It sounds better than I was expecting, but not quite as good as I'd like it to be -- which is okay, because, it could sound a whole hell of a lot worse. My vocals... are a different story. I like it, then I don't, then I do, then I don't. Right now I'm taking a break. I'll get back to it in a few. Wish me luck.