Blog!

I haven't blogged in forever! Well, over a week anyway...

I've tried to sit down and do this a couple of times, but I just didn't have the energy.

Well, I'm energized now (a little).

I played at MochaBlend on Saturday (which is the biggest music related news this blog has seen in some time). The crowd was sparse, but for a cafe gig it was appropriate. It was snowy out and the roads were nasty, so the fact that there was a crowd at all was fantastic! Also, they listened! Yay! And I played quite well. Overall, I am very pleased with my performance. I didn't do a set list, but I later jotted down most of the songs that I played in something that is close to the order in which they were played. Here they are:

Road to Nowhere
Jessie
Passenger
Until I fall Away
Rainbow Connection
Sink or Swim
Frozen
Ring of Fire
Behold! The Knight
Falling Slowly
Endless
Walking; Standing Still
Red Shift
Phila St. Serenade
House of the Rising Sun
Crayons


... I think I forgot one or two... but it's close.

Anyway, I played Falling Slowly and Red Shift (by Almost Awake) extremely well, which is exciting. Frozen was good, as was Jessie, Passenger, and Until I Fall Away. I also had some good compliments from Glenn (one of the owners) on House of the Rising Sun, which I rarely play.

The other cool news from the evening is that I sold two CDs! Which is cool for two reasons: 1) I have never sold my music before. 2) I have a CD! (I discussed where the CD came from on my myspace blog, so I won't be redundant. You'll just have to clickity-click to the myspace page to read about that...).

I was invited back (yay!) to play a lunch time set. Glenn said that they have a great turn out during the lunch hours and told me to find an available date on MochaBlend's website. I will totally do that ASAP. I'm also looking into other places so I can set up a few dates over a few months (much like I did early last summer).

My friend, Bill, filled in as roadie and photographer (and merchandise sales person). However, his camera was not charged, so he took pictures with his phone. Once I get those from him, I'll post 'em somewhere.

After the show, we went to Taco Bell -- which you probably don't really need to know...

I would have liked to have had a panini from MochaBlend, but it's tough to play and eat.





-------





On the Thursday before the gig, I attended Lena's. I can't remember what I played... but here are two pictures:





The top one is of me sitting in front of the mirror and behind Phil and Ray while they jam on some blues tunes.

The bottom one is of me with a freaked out expression on my face after I played.





---------




Yesterday (Thursday) was Valentine's Day and we went to Lena's. We had Sushi for dinner from the Sushi Garden across the street from Lena's. I've never had Sushi before. It was good. Though, I ate too quickly (I was starving!) and filled up too fast before I sang, which caused me problems. I also had an incident with the wasabi. Too much wasabi was the incident and it caused me to have clear sinuses for a while.

I played Falling Slowly and Endless. It was a three song night, so I added I Love How You Love Me for the Valentine's Day theme. It was abnoxious and would have been fun if not for eating too fast.