Buying

This past Thursday, I met with a friend who up until very recently worked at a car dealership. I was hoping he would be the guy who could give us an honest deal on a new car for Stephanie, but, since he doesn't work there any more, I asked him for some inside tips on the best possible pricing I should be able to get. The meeting was very helpful to me, as I was uncertain as to what I should expect for realistic deals. Now I know. Let the negotiating begin.

After the meeting (at Uncommon Grounds -- paper cup, in case you were wondering), I attended open mic. I played Wildflowers by Tom Petty again and Road to Nowhere. For Road to Nowhere, Zach Edwards played djimbe and he did a fabulous job. Faith also joined me and did background vocals.

I took a picture of the list:



Willie debuted a new song that I think is called Janitor. He is a janitor, you see, as well as a song writer. The song was awesome. It had the typically Willie wit and sounded really good. I took a picture:



Later on, Rik Kent and Eric H. had Zack back them up on an Alice in Chains cover song. I invited myself up on stage to play shaker. I took a picture:





Earlier in the day, I was thirsty and so I purchased a bottle of water. It was called "Smart Water," which I thought was quite funny. It was right on the shelf next to "Stupid Water." It was a little more expensive, but I thought it would be worth it.



At Lena's, Rik commented that it wasn't working.

When I bought the water, I captured some Karma (or so I hope). I had a twenty dollar bill in my hand when I set the water on the counter. The cashier asked me if I wanted anything else and I said, "no." When some guy cut the line and told the cashier that he had twenty dollars in gas and handed her his money. The Cashier said, "ok" and handed me seventeen something in change. I was about to walk away when I realized that I still had my twenty dollar bill in my hand. I stopped for a minute to try and figure out what happened (I hadn't had any "Smart Water" yet) and the cashier said, "anything else?" So, I said, "this is the twenty dollars that you gave me change for but didn't take." And I handed her the twenty. Then, she said -- and this is what makes the whole thing strange -- "ok" and turned back to the register.

Now, wouldn't you thank the person that just helped you fix a mistake like that? Shouldn't you praise honesty when I simply could have taken the extra money?