Ninety-Seven

This is the 97th blog posting that I've done here on this particular blog. At the 100th, which will no doubt occur in three weeks or less, I should do something special. Not sure what, or if, that will be.

Thursday was open mic as usual. I played Falling Slowly by Glenn Hansard from the film Once, and... something else that has completely slipped my mind at the moment.

Stephanie took a couple pictures.



Here is a nice one with Ray Pashoukos who snuck up on me.



Jennifer Holmes attended the open mic for the last time (hopefully not ever, though). She is leaving for New Hampshire next week and there is no open mic at Lena's. She also played a song from Once.

I decided a few weeks ago that I would like to make mini-documentaries that profile open mic regulars and their songs. I decided to do this for a few reasons: one is that I have a camera and I'm dying to use it. I made my first one this past week and used Jennifer Holmes as my guinea pig. It worked! And came out quite well (although, the performance shots are dark because there is very little light on the piano when it's not on stage).

As soon as YouTube gets it all processed, I'll post it here (which, incidentally, will be posting number 98 and will put me one week closer to 100).

My goal is to do one of these mini documentaries a week (excluding weeks where there is no open mic and when I forget to charge the camera batteries). After I get a few done (and I'm satisfied that they are worthy of being seen by people), I'll start posting them on a designated page of my website and advertising them on various musician message boards, myspace, etc.