100!

Happy one-hundredth posting, to you... happy one-hundredth posting, to you... happy one-hundredth posting, oh, blo-og... happy one-hun -- ok, this has to stop.

Yes. I've reached one hundred postings here in blog-blog land. WHOOOOOPIDY DOOOO!

To celebrate, I decided to spend the day in front of my computer trying to figure out why Windows Movie Maker wasn't making the movie that I asked it to. Not that I'm complaining, mind you. It's muggy and in the 90s outside and there is air conditioning in the computer room, here. I did mow the lawn earlier, which finally looks green (although, it's mostly weeds -- but that's a thought for another blog posting), but I've done nothing else since.

This past Thursday at open mic, I interviewed Willie the Moak for my documentary series, Inside the Open Mic. I spent about 4 hours, yesterday, editing the video. Then, I clicked on "save movie" and waited the usual 30-35 minutes for it to actually make the movie. When it was done, I played it with Real Player played and it was fine except for there was no video, just sound. So, I went to bed and dreamed about smashing the crap out of my computer.

I woke up, mowed the lawn, and spent the rest of the day tweaking things and being frustrated and eventually fixing the issue. Now, Episode 2 featuring Willie the Moak is up on YouTube. It is also below:



It came out pretty good. Although, some of the video that I took was bad because I set the camera up on a cooler in the back, which was off at the time. When it turned on, all you can hear is the machine noise and a little bit of what Willie is saying. Which really sucks because it was a cool part of the interview. Willie talked about his kids and how their musical endeavors are his most exciting musical moments.

I guess I learned not to put the camera close to loud machinery.

I also discovered, this time around, that doing interviews in the far back room is the way to go because it's too loud in the kitchen and the not-so-far-back back room.

And Movie Maker is driving me crazy. It works great with some video clips, but it stalls and stutters with others. It especially gets difficult when I'm working with close to 10 minutes worth of video clips. I think for the next one I'll try to break it up into three parts and make three three-minute videos and then edit the three videos together.

It's all a learning experience!




-----




As far as open mic night goes, I played Rainy Day and Road to Nowhere. And I don't have any pictures or anything else to share because I used up all of the space on my camera's memory card recording Willie, who -- as you know -- tends to be long-winded...

Wait, I just remembered the squirrel.

Before open mic, Stephanie and I got sushi and ate it in the park. This little guy...



... kept creeping closer and closer. I tried to feed him some wasabi, but he ran off. (To get an idea of how close he was, picture my finger with wasabi on it, just below the picture). I can honestly say that I've never been this close to a squirrel before.





And that's all the excitement that a 100th posting can handle, I think.