Argh

On the street where I live, the houses are mostly dark in the incredibly ungodly hour of 12:30am. From the window of one house, blue light spills onto the front yard. The blue light is from the TV and the window belongs to my living room. I shut the TV off three minutes ago and wandered blindly through familiar rooms to the computer. I don't know why I am still up. I haven't been able to sleep for the past three nights. I yawn like a tired person would yawn, but I don't fall asleep. Actually, that is a lie. I came home from work today and barely made it to my bed before I completely passed out. It was a short nap, but it pretty much sealed my fate for tonight. In the last two nights that I couldn't sleep, I eventually did fall asleep shortly after midnight. Tonight, I don't feel the least bit tired.

One good thing that comes from sleep deprivation is song writing. Monday night, I came down stairs and lyrics hit me like an ocean wave when you're facing the beach. I haven't written any music for it yet. It's about being awake late at night... and if the right music fits it, it will be fairly good. I'm sure.

After dinner, I worked on my website a little. I updated the main banner graphic with photoshop. It looks sweet and much cooler than the old one. I also updated the Inside the Open Mic link by having it change color when you roll your mouse over it. Clever. I know.

The only thing is I had to take down the "Next Date" advertisement that used to be adjacent to the main banner. I'm sure if I'll put it back up elsewhere or not.

So, I watched two hours of Scrubs reruns... pee'd... and wrote a blog. I'm still not tired.

I'm going to go to www.jigzone.com and put together a virtual puzzle...