Lateness

It's late at night and I feel like writing. Not exactly sure why... there is a lot on my mind, I guess. A lot has been going this past week.

On Monday I had to go to a conference in Lake Placid for my work. Overall, it was okay. I learned new stuff for work. I bonded with my bosses. I made some new friends. But, I didn't want to go in the first place; so, all the good that came of it just sort of evened out my overall feelings instead of boosting them.

While at the conference, I had a rock star experience. I had my guitar with me and I played for a large group of conference attendees. They were drinking and some or most of them might have been wasted. After playing a song and receiving an intense round of applause, I found the hooded sweatshirt that I was wearing on top of a long sleeve polo shirt to be too much. So, I took it off... and, in dramatic fashion, tossed it into the center of the group. The act caused much excitement and they clapped and were generally noisy when I finished songs. They sang along with songs worthy of singing along to. Which makes me wonder if I should learn more sing-a-longs for similar situations that may or may not arise again.

I also met, through playing my guitar on the terrace off of my hotel room, a guy who used to play at Caffé Lena's open mic. He had a ukulele and he showed me how to play it. He also showed me how to tune my guitar to drop D and play in a style that I had never played in before.

I returned home from the conference on Wednesday and I haven't been able to recover from staying up late (11pm Monday night and Midnight Tuesday). Of course, Thursday night was a late night at Lena's and then there is tonight... and I'm not going to bed, which is what I should be doing.

It's 11:11.

Now it's 11:12.

I plan on working on Episode 4 of Inside the Open Mic tomorrow and Sunday. I interviewed Gary Moon.

I just realized that my friend Bill, who took pictures of me last week and was just here at my house, did not give me the pictures he took... which means I won't work on my photo page this weekend.

I thought after writing for a while I would be ready for bed. I'm not.

I finished a new song. It's called Dying on the Outside and it is incredibly pessimistic. It's an emo folk song for sure. You should hear it. Maybe I'll take video of me playing it and post it on YouTube. Maybe I won't and you'll have to come to a gig to hear me play it...

... maybe I'll go the heck to bed...