Rolling Stones

THRRRRRRBBBBBPFFFFFFFFF (that's the sound you make when you stick your tongue in between your lips and blow air into your cheeks; often you make this sound when you've become completely frustrated with life and everything that comes along with it)

It is Thursday and it is 7:32pm, which means that at Caffe Lena, Kate Blain (who is hosting tonight) is explaining how the drawing of names for the sign up works just before she begins drawing names from the big shiny bowl. The fact that I am writing this in a blog means one of two things: a) I am sitting at Caffe Lena and I have a laptop computer with wireless internet capabilities, which would mean I could afford such a thing or I stole one... or b) I am home and not at Lena's at all.

'b' of course, is the right answer, and I'm not happy about it.

Although, I am FINALLY starting to feel a little better. The last few days have been awful, just awful. Wicked sinus infection (the doctor agreed and prescribed antibiotics). The kidney stone has been rather dormant, which I am slightly grateful for. But, I get little twinges of pain here and there.

I also discovered the cause of my sinus infection. I was given Flomax (you may have seen the commercials -- it's for men with enlarged prostates AND people with kidney stones) to ease the passing of the kidney stone by increasing the (technical term warning) pee flow. I took this every day starting Saturday at the ER. I began to see a correlation between the sinus infection and being given stuff at the ER, so I googled side effects of Flomax. One of the side effects: sinus infection. One website reported 10% of people who take it get sinus infections. I fit into that 10% and without hesitation stopped taking Flomax. THRBBBBBBBBBBPPPFFFFFFFFF!!!




I haven't been able to work on Inside the Open Mic. Still worn out from illnesses.

But, I did look up the creepy-ass bug that was in the back room at Lena's and I killed because it freaked me and David Fey out. (David suggested that one of us would get stung by the bug and wake up a super hero).

Here is a wikipedia article on the bug, which is a sort of wasp and does not -- as previously suspected by me -- eat humans. The Ichneumon Wasp has this huge stinger thing that is seriously longer than the needle they used on me at the ER on Saturday.