In Which a Singer/Songwriter Is Waiting For the Bathroom to Become Available

I have a short few moments of free time before I have to go and get ready to leave for a road trip to Connecticut. The destination is Stephanie's brother's place and the purpose is a party-thing. Mostly, we are going to see the nephew. We can't enough of other people's babies here at the Frederick residence...

Anyways, this was an uneventful week music-news-wise, as there was no open mic. This, of course, means that there is no Inside the Open Mic. Still, if one were so inclined, one could visit the Inside the Open Mic page and watch all the videos again... I'm just sayin'.

I did spend a lot of time practicing this week. I've been learning a bunch of new songs to cover and so I've been needing to practice them. Some of them are getting better quicker than others. I'm also trying to actually learn some songs that I've liked to play in the past, but never took the time to practice them.

I added a few new pictures to the photos page of my site. I had recently redone the photos page and it is much easier to deal with now as a visitor to the site and as a person who adds more pictures to it now and again.

Since getting the borders card and receiving lots of coupons in my email, I have been buying more books. I have a small stack of books-I-haven't-read-yet on my book shelf. I'm currently reading (and getting close to finishing) Hood, by Stephen Lawhead (I think...). It's slightly entertaining. It's a retelling of the story of Robin Hood, which was quite an interesting idea, I thought when I picked it up. It's a book where it mostly follows the bad guys so that the good guy can seem more mysterious. I don't like that concept. I'm sick of reading about the bad guys and their politics and whatnot. I want to read about Robin Hood, which is why I bought a book called Hood. I'm also disappointed to find out that the sequel, Scarlet, is in first person. I hate reading books in first person. I like 3rd person. I want a narrator who is not in the story, thank you. Please keep this in mind if you ever write a book about something that you want me to like.

I'm still writing because Stephanie is not out of the bathroom yet... and, well, I don't really have anything else to do...

Last night, my friend Bill and I rented some movies and made nachos. Bill is into zombie movies... not quite sure why but the man can talk about zombies for hours. Thus, we watched Resident Evil: Apocalypse. This was the third one in the series. I was forced to watch the other two. The first one had some interesting moments. The second one: less so. The third one: none. To redeem the evening, we watched Shoot 'em Up, which is an action shooting people movie. It was incredibly awesome because it's essential purpose is to make fun of shooting people movies where the good guy shoots lots of bad guys and, yet, never gets hit himself. I laughed quite a lot. Especially at the endless supply of bad guys in black leather jackets that... well, die and really nothing else.

Now, the bathroom is "all" mine and I have 45 minutes to get ready to leave, which is actually slightly less time than I what I need to get ready to leave.