Ice Cream In October

Emack & Bolio’s. It's an ice cream shop and coffee shop rolled into one. And there is a little stage for musical performances. From their website, you can tell that they are a chain of shops. S I M P L E Theory, an acoustic folkafied soul duo, was playing at the Delaware Avenue (Albany) location last night. Stephanie and I attended. It was the first time we had been there and I hadn't known that it existed until this past Thursday at Lena's. Maurizio (of S I M P L E Theory) told us about his gig there. Stephanie loved the place -- she does love ice cream after all -- and she is excited about me playing there some day, which I would like to do. I didn't have any ice cream though. It's freaking October and it was cold last night.

I took the laptop with me and I was planning on blogging with their Wi-Fi, but I couldn't for the life of me get this thing to connect to the webernet. Dan, who was there, tried to hook me up too, but to no avail.

Here are a couple pictures of S I M P L E Theory:








--------




On the night before, which was Friday, my friend Justin brought Rock Band 2 over to my house. We played for about six hours. It's really not like playing real instruments, but the game is freaking fun. I was surprised, however, by the line up of our band. I thought that I would be the guitarist, while Justin would sing, and Bill would play drums. But, I gravitated toward singing and after a few songs turned out to be quite good. Justin had the most fun playing drums and Bill had the most success as the guitarist. I would have played for another six hours if my "band" mates didn't start to complain about being tired. Still, after we packed up and Justin took his game home, I was realized how tired I was. And how worn out my voice was.

We named our "band" the TLPs, which stands for Tired Lazy Procrastinators and/or Temporary Low Prices, and was the name of our "band" when we recorded a ten song CD six or so years ago. That was when we worked at Eckerds drug store together, hated it, and ranted about how much we hated it in songs with titles like: Aisle 12 and Dr. Riffic Land. Anyways, the Rock Band TLPs needed a fourth member and so Justin made an avatar of our old boss to be the bass player.