Emerging

I'll be "emerging" this coming Wednesday (the 19th) at Caffe Lena's Emerging Artist Series. The show is at 7pm and features me and my guitar and my songs. I'm pretty excited about it. I've been playing at Lena's open mic for years and I love it there. The atmosphere is wonderful. It's not always easy to get a true gig at Lena's, however, because there are just so many songwriters and performers and genres and only certain of those are tested to bring in an audience. I'm hoping I get a decent crowd. I've put up flyers at the Caffe and Borders and Uncommon Grounds. I've also handed out some small flyers at the Caffe during open mic last week. I invited some co-workers and put up flyers at my job. I'm also planning on bringing my guitar to my training next week and trying to get a few other trainee's to come. And, of course, I sent out emails and bulletins on myspace. Perhaps, I'll send out another round of each.

I started working on a set list last night and I'm relatively happy with the way it is turning out. I plan on doing a serious practice session later today and I'll run through things with the set list then and test it out.

Last night I was in Borders for the Saratoga Acoustic Blues Society (SABS) show, which featured Phil Drum, Ray Giuguere, Dave Scheffle, and the Bentwood Rockers (a duo which consists of my neighbor Bill Ackerbauer and Roland "The Bard Rocks"). I enjoyed the show. They played really well and they all interacted nicely with the audience by telling some stories, which I find to be engaging. I took some pictures:















I also took some video, but you'll have to ask Phil and Ray and everyone to see the videos. Or they may ask me to put them up on YouTube at which point I will certainly direct you to them.

I spent most of the night (while listening and enjoying the performances) being mad at my computer for not hooking up to the WiFi. Suppossedly that problem was fixed when the Dell person that I chatted with downloaded an updated driver. If I don't get this WiFi issue figured out, I'm going to be quite upset because part of the reason why I wanted a laptop was so that I could blog and such while not home.