Coraline

This is a very blurry-crappy-cell-phone picture of two people who went to see Coraline in 3D yesterday. The one that looks like me wearing really huge, goofy-looking 3D glasses is, actually, me wearing really huge, goofy-looking 3D glasses. The one that looks like Stephanie not wearing her 3D glasses, is -- actually -- Stephanie refusing to put her 3D glasses on until she is in the dark movie theater where no one can see her wearing 3D glasses because they are rather huge and goofy-looking.



We decided that we really enjoyed the movie and, especially, the 3D-ness of it, which surprised me because the last time I saw a 3D movie, I was given paper glasses with one blue "lens" and one red one and I became kind of dizzy watching the movie, trying to balance the focus of my two eyes (if you balance too much on the left eye then there is too much red and the 3D doesn't work right and if you balance too much on the right eye then there is too much blue and the 3D doesn't work right). Thankfully, 3D technology has improved to the point where you are no longer given red and blue paper glasses when you go to see a 3D movie.

Just before going into the theater (we had to wait in a line), I thoughtfully started a conversation about the idea that someone should create 2D glasses that people could wear around when they wanted to. Stephanie asked, "What purpose would that serve?" and I was thinking about what purpose 2D glasses would serve when we were asked if we had gotten our 3D glasses and were told to move into the theater.

So, what purpose would 2D glasses serve? We need to come up with a good answer before Stephanie reads this blog...

I think that if you were wearing 2D glasses then there would be no depth perception and it would look like you were a lot closer to wherever you were going than you really were. Which really isn't a "purpose" for having 2D glasses, I guess... but it would be fun.

In music related news, I was given (as a Valentine's Day gift) a USB condenser mic that comes with recording software. I'm planning on playing with that today and tomorrow once I finish dealing with (most) of the little messes that are around the house. For instance, the toilet upstairs is all taken apart because it was leaking. I bought new parts and just need to put it back together. I also have a bunch of bills that need to be paid and they are laying in piles on the dining room table along with other paperwork things that I need to do something with. And then there is the laundry... it's all done and just has to be put away. It's been in a basket in my bedroom since last week and I've been picking through it for clothes rather than put them away in drawers and the closet and have to open drawers and closet doors to get the clothes out again...

Anyway, I should have some time to play with the new recording stuff this long weekend (thank you dead Presidents).