Sunday

I have had a rather busy day today. I woke up and had some Fruity Pebbles. Then, my dad came over and I helped him move a whole bunch of stuff that is his and his wife's from my house to the Uhaul that he rented. He drove off and I moved a couple things around to make use of the new space in my house. Then I did some recording! Yeah. Things seem to be working pretty well with the new mic. My voice sounds froggy today and so the demos I did are not going to be heard by anyone but me. Still, I feel good about what I can do with the mic and the software and I'll be working at it again soon enough.

After the recording, I took a nap. Now, I'm typing a quick blog before dinner and doing-nothing-until-bed-time.

Here is a scan of the list of performers from this past open mic. I hosted. It was a longish list, so I kind of went fast and tried to keep the long-winded jokes to a minimum. It was a great night and there were a lot of great performances. Mike Gowans, for instance, is incredible. He belongs on bigger stages with lots of people watching him with mesmerized looks on their faces.



I ended the night by playing my new version of Rainy Day. I'm definitely liking the new version. I can do a lot with the ending if I keep practicing hitting higher notes.

Friday was one of those days at work where you just can't wait for it to be over. When it ended, I bolted for the door, realized I forgot to punch out, ran back upstairs and punched out, then bolted for the door again. Once home, it was another fun-filled Rock Band night with my friends. Had a blast. Played some new songs.

Yesterday. Went to the mall. Bought a new belt. My old one is beginning to fall apart. It's like separating down the middle... I've had it for a lot of years and hate to see it "go." Hopefully, the new one will be good. After the mall, I sat in Starbucks and worked on Inside the Open Mic. What will be Episode 12 is almost finished. It features Drew Jacobs and will be posted this Wednesday on YouTube and Friday on my site, Myspace, and the Times Union Crumbs.net Blog.