Jitters Mix

I played at Jitters Cafe last night. Actually, I played in the evening. Oh -- I'm not dead, by the way. It was a full day of music from noon to nine and I played at about 5:30. It really was quite a great time and I was very excited about it. Firstly, I like Jitters. The food is awesome and so are the drinks. It's very colorful inside. The only downfall to Jitters is that it's cramped. Which is fine when there are 10 people there. When there are 20 or 25 people there, it is not fine. I'm a little claustrophobic when it comes to being in cramped spaces with lots of people. Even so, the music was great. I felt really good about being on the list of performers for the event. Gary Moon played. Kyle Blackowl organized the event and played. Lisa Every Month (which is easier to remember and spell than her last name). There were also some musicians whom I've heard via tracks on their myspace pages, but had never really seen or spoken to in person. Hannah Imbesi, for example was wonderful. Courtney Biondo played after me and was amazing. Big Nixon, a 4 piece rock band, played as a two piece acoustic act and sounded like they've done this sort of thing a few thousand times before. Very professional. Unfortunately, I had to leave during their set. I bought one of the CDs. Jitter's Cafe Mix Volume 1. I'm on it. My song is the last one on the CD, which is pretty cool. I haven't listened to the disc yet -- maybe later today. There are some great musicians on it and it's really quite an honour to be among them.

Here is my set list, which is written on a little tiny piece of paper:



Note that I started to spell "Nowhere" as "Know -- something" because... well, I'm not really sure.

I change the order around a little. I decided to play Wildflowers by Tom Petty after Breaking Free and before Passenger, which was my last song. There wasn't time for Phila St. Serenade or Endless, which I only wrote down in case there was extra time.