Nap

This has been a perfect weekend for taking naps. I napped for a few good hours yesterday (Saturday) from about 2 oclock to 4. Then I napped today on the back porch futon from 1 to 3. Midday napping is a wonderful thing. I feel as though proper napping is an art form. Perhaps it could be turned into an Olympic event some day (Yoga is...). I would train to be an Olympic napper. I think I'd have a chance at a gold medal.

Anyway, I am in bed now and it is the end of Sunday. (Typing in bed isn't easy...). I feel as if I could have been more productive today. For instance, I could have worked on Inside the Open Mic. I have two episodes in post production -- one of which is nearly completed. I also could have done some recording. Specifically, I need to record my parts of a few songs that a friend of mine and I are going to play at an upcoming event. He'll need to learn and practice the lead parts. My parts are pretty easy since most of them are my songs or songs that I cover frequently. I could also have raked parts of the back yard. I started yesterday and left piles of pine cones and pine needles here and there.

Thinking of the backyard reminds me... Yesterday, I walked in to the backyard wearing backyard spring cleaning clothes, including gloves, and carrying a rake. I started raking and I as a cleaned pine needles and dead grass into piles, I revealed the damage that had been done to my lawn by moles. It looked like Bugs Bunny had made a wrong turn at Albaturkey and passed through my yard about a thousand times. There were dozens upon dozens of mole-sized holes everywhere.

As I raked, I began to stomp down on areas where the dirt was piled up from moles traveling beneath. I had a flash-back/vision sort of thing (much like J.D. on Scrubs). In the flash-back/vision, I was stomping down on the lawn hurling expletives when suddenly the lawn gives way and I fall down deep into the earth. I eventually land, stand up, and dust myself off. I find that am standing in an antechamber of some kind and there are hundreds of moles eating grubs all around. The moles look up from their meals and stare at me like I have three heads. I look back at the moles and yell, "What the hell have done to my lawn?" The moles look back at me and one of them says, "What the hell did you do our home?" I go on to explain that they built their home in my lawn and that I owned my lawn before the moved, which -- of course -- makes the moles in the wrong and me in the right. I then tell the moles to move the hell out, but to fix my lawn first. The moles laugh and pull out various weapons that appear to mini katana blades, nunchakos, and the like. Then they charge. I brandish my rake like bo-staff and begin swinging at the first wave of ninja moles. I am winning in the early parts of the battle, and the bodies of my enemies lie in piles at my feet. I suffer some injuries, but they are minor -- the moles are using tiny weapons, after all, and I have a huge rake. The second wave of moles are stronger and begin to push me back into a corner. They are jumping on me and attacking from all angles. I then throw them all off me (like in the Matrix) and leap out of the corner with a battle cry. I begin slaying more moles and their blood covers my rake. But there are too many of them. I clear an area of moles by swinging my rake around me. Then I leap out of their hole, grab some mole poison, and return to the fight. With rake still in hand, I begin throwing the poison at legions of moles. They instantly disintegrate when touched by the poison. Some moles break through past the poison clouds and I stomp on them or whack them with my rake.

Suddenly, I am awaken from my flash-back/vision sort of thing by Stephanie who needs help with something in the front yard. "There are too many of them!" I yell. "Too many what?" She says. "Ninja moles." I say.

This past week at Lena's, I played Rainy Day and Wildflowers. I also took this picture of myself while spinning around (for no real reason).