A Good Blogging

I haven't done a good blogging in a couple of weeks. I have been sick, you see, and so there hasn't been much music-making going on. Today, I went to a friend's house and tried out his drums (I suck -- although, I sucked a lot less after four songs than I did when I started) and played his guitar. We were having trouble getting anything going, but really had a rock-out moment with Lonely 'Ol Night by John Mellencamp. Playing a friend's instruments made me miss my own and so after coming home from the friend's house, I played my guitar for a little while. I actually started writing a song, until -- after singing and rhyming about the garage sale we had last weekend -- I realized that I didn't have anything to write about. So, I stopped playing.

While at the friend's house I got to watch some of the video of me and my friend and another friend playing for the banquet/dinner thing that I was talking about a few posts back. We looked and sounded good. However, about half the audience was rather chatty and incredibly loud for how few people they actually were. And, even though, we were playing through my PA system, we were very much drowned out by the loud chatting. Hind sight is 20/20 and of course the PA wasn't turned up as loud as it could go. If I could go back in time I would ignore the suggestions that the PA was too loud and just turn the mother f********r up. Anyway, as previously stated, hind sight is 20/20.

I'm looking forward to seeing some pictures and possibly getting those pictures so I can post them up here. I looked rather rock starish with my grey shirt and tie... and hat, of course.

In kitty cat news (cause you were totally expecting it weren't you?), pretty much everyone that I work with adopted a kitten last week. It's quite a silly, yet -- admittedly -- adorable, situation when two boxes full of kittens comes in to your office and people come and snag them and name them and pressure you to take one home with you (even when you explain that you already have a cat and one cat is too many cats to have when you have allergies to cats and, besides, you wouldn't want to make the current cat jealous of a new cuter cat, which ultimately would get more attention than the older cat). Where did the cats come from? A client decided to throw them out after their un-spayed cats gave birth multiple times. The kittens ended up in their front yard and wherever they could crawl to, until my co-workers scooped them up in boxes and brought them back to the office where silliness ensued. Each day at the office someone has to grab you and take you to their computer where they will show you pictures of their kitten.

It's quite a cat-astrophe.

Ba-dump-chi