Sun Burn

My knee is bright red. This is due to me wearing my favorite jeans (the ones with the rips and tears all over them, including the knee) to the park where the craft fair thing was taking place yesterday.

I put sun tan lotion on before leaving the house and glanced down at my holy jeans. Then I put the sun tan lotion away, grabbed my guitar, and left for the park. I found a nice shady spot, tuned my guitar, and played. I played for about an hour and a half and made a few dollars in tips. I bought myself a hot dog for lunch and relaxed in the shade for a bit. Then I played for almost two more hours. I made enough money to buy dinner later that night. Which was kind of cool.

I randomly decided to sign up for facebook about 10 minutes ago. I received an invite from a person I know and just started typing in my info. The page came up and boom, I have a facebook. I hate it. I want to burn it down or at least throw sharp things at it. I was putting in brief pieces of info about my songwriting when all of sudden, I had a personal page and not a musician's page. The pictures I uploaded are missing and it wants me to enter in things like my birthday and what I'm interested in. I'm interested in have a musician page; not quite sure why I can't.

In any event, I have been away from blogging for a little bit because I was getting a new cell phone and hooking it up to twitter (which I do not want to throw things at in case you were wondering). I added the HTML to my site and there is now a twitter feed box on the right hand side. I also found out that I can take pictures with my phone and send a "picture mail" directly to my blogger. Which, I think, is pretty sweet and I can't to use it.

In other news, I am quite happy with my new song My Motorcycle. I'm not sure when I'll get it recorded. I was going to record yesterday, but ended up going to the park to get sunburned on my knee instead. There will be a live version of it on the upcoming (and last) episode of Inside the Open Mic, which features me and will be released at the end of the month.

I have been quite busy with the website, as you will note. I re-arranged the whole layout and put new pictures in. I also added the twitter feed, of course, and created a new graphic that is off to the left. (I may do some more editing with the graphic, however.) I still need to update the "About" section. I keep saying I'm going to rewrite the bio, but I can never come up with anything better than what's already there... hmm...

Last night I stayed up until two thirty in the morning. There was a gathering at a friend's house and there were some old acquaintances there who quickly became new friends. I also brought my guitar and played some songs. Of course, it is difficult to play music at a party. It's loud because of conversations and people who have been drinking laughing loudly. There is also the crowdedness and people bumping in to you while you play. And there is the TV and the ADHD crowd wants to play some other song on their MP3 player so we can all hear that.

Next Saturday I'll be playing at the Farmer's Market in Gloversville. I'm hoping they have the electricity working. Last year, they didn't and I lugged all of my stuff there for nothing. I'm really looking forward to playing, but I want to play through my PA. I want people to hear me.