Ugh.

I just spent a good part of the day (let's say four hours is a good part of a day) figuring out how to send pictures and text to my blog from my phone. I want to start by making it clear that I'm not stupid. In fact, I consider myself to be above average when it comes to computer software intelligence. I can usually figure something out if it is giving me trouble. This time, however... It seems that the computer world was against me.

I started out by setting up photomail blogging through blogger. It was quite a piece of cake and I sent my first blog from my phone earlier today. The problem was that blogger only lets you use one layout for the entry and that is photo first, text below. That's well and good most of the time. It's not well and good for my website feed, which reads the first part of my blog and magically makes it appear on the first page of my website. The problem was that it was showing the picture and screwing up the layout of my site.

So, I began reading all over the interweb about how to fix it. Long-story-short: there is no fix. Although, one blogger decided to sign up for flickr.com and send their pictures/text there, which in turn magically sent the picture/text to her blogger.com blog.

Sounds simple, I though and signed up for flickr. Flickr decided to make me angry by not doing anything after I signed up. Seriously, the site wouldn't move from the "yay! you signed up page" no matter what I clicked. For the next three hours I scoured the web for information on why flickr might decide to be an asshole to me. Came up with nothing.

I gave up. Turned my computer off. Went and watched TV. I was kicked off the TV by Stephanie who needed to watch a video that she would be showing to her students. And so, I came back to the computer. Logged on to flickr.com and it worked.

Then I went through the pain in the ass that was setting up flickr to send picture/text message from my phone on to blogger. After another half an hour, I got it working.

So, it works the way I wanted it to, but I am too frustrated with it right now to have any fun with it. I'll have to try it out tomorrow and see what it can really do.

My hope is to be able to blog from Lena's and or gigs. Let the world know what I'm up to with pictures and text.