Harry

It's been a very crazy week for me at work. With short deadlines and crises rising every minute, I was quite stressed by the time it got to be Thursday night (Open Mic Night!). Typically, I look forward to Thursdays rather than Fridays. There is nothing more refreshing that a relaxing night at Caffe Lena's Open mic. Which makes Fridays a breeze and then it's the weekend.

This past Thursday, however, was incredibly hectic at open mic. We had 28 performers on the list, which meant we had to cut down to a one-song night -- which sucks for multiple reasons: 1) the musician only gets to play one song. 2) the host has to run back up the stage every four or five minutes and doesn't get to sit down long enough to relax. And 3) more people on the list, means more people at Caffe, which makes the place quite crowded.

I hosted. And I felt like I was running around like a crazy person the whole night. The crowded-ness didn't help either. I get a little anxious in crowded areas.

To make matters even more stressful, my mom came to caffe with some of her friends, and I wanted to play my best for her. It had been a while since she last heard me play live and I have come a long way since then. And when you are stressed at open mic and you only get one song, it's tough to calm yourself down and play your best.

Even so, I succeeded and performed quite well. I decided to play Sink or Swim because it takes place on a beach board walk with rides and games, that was partially inspired by Seaside Heights in New Jersey, which is where my mom used to take me quite a lot when I was little. At the end of the night, I decided to play Passenger to close out the night.

Overall, I survived the hectic-ness, but it didn't chill me out for work on Friday, which became increasingly hectic as the day went on.

After work, however, I had blast playing Rock Band at my friend Justin's place. It turned into a party after the upstairs people (also friends) came down and a girlfriend came with a few friends and multiple other began showing up. I met lots of new people whose names I will most likely forget. But, that shouldn't be a problem. Most of them were drunk and will probably forget even meeting me. Still, I found out that Rock Band can actually be quite fun with drunk people. Especially, when the singers are the drunk ones and they act like they are really rock stars. It makes playing the guitar or drums more fun when you have a crazy lead singer. It was also cool to see the non-participants sing along and/or dance during songs they liked. I think we played from about seven o'clock until well after one in the morning. We switched instruments often and had lots of different singers. It was fun.

Of course, I didn't get home and in bed until about three o'clock, which means I slept in and didn't get out of bed in until after noon -- which means Saturday is already half over and the weekend is short enough as is. Especially when you have had a hectic stressful week to begin with.





------





And I'm going to see Harry Potter tonight. Sadly, I will not be dressing up because I do not have wizard's robe. I do have a Griffyndor tie and a scarf... and when I wear those I look like Harry Potter's older brother...