Sprint

Sprint is being uncooperative and has decided to take away my picture mailing privileges, which means I can't blog from cell phone. I'm quite perturbed by this, especially since I am paying for unlimited picture mail capabilities. The issue is that, even though I am paying for unlimited picture mail, I am not paying for unlimited data usage. It doesn't make sense to me either. I plan on trying to work it out with their customer disservice department so that I can have my unlimited picture mail back without paying extra for it.

In the mean time, I have to post pictures and blog the old fashion way.

Lena's this past Thursday was a great night as usual. It was one of those summer days where you felt like you could stay up all night. Maybe that was because I had Friday off from work for the holiday. I played Passenger and God Says Nothing Back by the Wallflowers. I took a picture of the facade with the new guitar lights and tried to send it via picture mail to the blog. It failed. Here it is:



The following day, I slept in. Relaxed most of the day until the afternoon when I went to Stephanie's uncle's house to ride his motorcycle. I fell off multiple times, including the wicked face plant that certainly would have broken my nose if not for the helmet and face shield. At the end of the day, I learned how to ride (and more importantly: stop) and only ended up with a long scratch down my right knee. It happened when I fell off the bike in a field that I drove off the road into. So, I can't even call it a road rash. It's more like a field rash.

That night, I hung out with some friends. We went to Saratoga and ate at Moe's, which is a slightly classier Taco Bell with real meat. We walked Broadway and caught some bands that were playing as part of their Fourth of July Celebration. I took some pictures of my friends in Bluesology, but they came out blurry -- the pictures, not the friends.

On Saturday, we had a little gathering/BBQ in the backyard. Stephanie's brother bought and brought some fireworks, which we shot off, and some sparklers that the nephew played with. Later in the evening, we had a fire going in the fire pit and roasted marshmallows and had S'mores. This soon became a how-many-marshmallows-can-you-put-in-your-mouth-at-one-time contest. Stephanie's friend, Leigha, won with 10. My friend, Bill, was going for 10 when he cracked up laughing and began hurling marshmallows all over the place. Which, I might add, was the best part of the contest. Some pictures to prove my point:







After the how-many-marshmallows-can-you-put-in-your-mouth-at-one-time contest, we played Trivia Pursuit Pop Culture Edition. Stephanie and I came in second (of course, there were only two teams by the time the game ended).

Today, we went to our friend, Maurizio's, Fourth of July gathering/birthday. Maurizio is of course a musician/songwriter and his cake was this:



Which is pretty cool!! There was a ton of food and I definitely overate. I'm actually going to log off in a sec and fall into a food induced coma, which should last the night.

Then, it's back to work.