Cookies and Cream

Tonight I decided I would take a walk. Once I had my sneakers on and my hoodie zipped up, I decided I would walk some place that had ice cream. That some place turned out to be Stewart's and the ice cream that I got was cookies and cream. On my way home, which was a different way than my way there, I realized something about my town: it feels like a different town when you are walking it than when you are driving it. In fact, I felt like I was in some one else's town and the people in cars that drove by were people who didn't live in my town and who most certainly didn't know me. It was an odd feeling and the ice cream melted quicker than I thought it would.

Interestingly enough, I developed my thoughts about being a stranger in my own town after running into a friend and her tiny, cute dog at Stewart's. So strange that you can go from having a conversation with someone you know to feeling like you are some place other than the place that you've lived for the past eighty-five percent of your life.

Now that I'm back home (and have shedded my hoodie and sneakers), I feel like I'm home. Which is a really good thing considering recent developments in my life. I'm sitting in my dining room and I'm listening to an old Wallflowers CD. To my right is the hallway, which leads to the living room, which is doubling as my bedroom for the time being. Truth be told, I'm generally happy about where I sleep at night and am looking forward to crawling into couch (bed) soon for a semi-good night's sleep (how good of a night's sleep can you get on a couch?).

I have a lot friends who have offered services and support in the last few weeks and have discovered that people who are mostly in your life physically to occupy your time are also people who are in your life to provide emotional support.

It's good. And this posting most likely doesn't make any sense to most of the people reading it... which is also good.

Music. Yes. That's what this blog is all about. I'll be playing at and hosting Caffe Lena's open mic Thursday night. Looking forward to it as always. I missed last week due to being sick. Saturday, I'm playing at the Farmer's Market in Gloversville. Looking forward to that, as well.