Late Night Ramblings of an Insane Insomniac

I'm awake. It's going on midnight. This might not seem very late to some, but to me it's late. I'm typically an early-to-bed/late-to-rise type of guy. Especially when it's a Monday.

I decided to give up on trying to talk myself into sleep and logged on the interweb in search of... something... nothing... I forget. I eventually ended up here.

I adopted a kitten. Her name is Oreo because she is black and white. She is full of energy and loud "meows." She crawls up things (pant legs, chair legs, stool legs, curtains, walls) and runs from you to the wall to the cat toy back to you to the cat toy to the chair to the wall to the curtain to you to nothing in particular. Repeat multiple times. I have tried to pick her up and settle her down, but have failed. She fights when she gets picked up. I was shown earlier today by a cat enthusiest how to pick her up and prevent her from squirming away. This method has worked for me a little bit since I learned it.

I feed the kitten. Give it water. Give it "lovins" (IE: pet it and attempt to pick it up). I play with it... I mean her. I sort of like having the kitten at my house. I think I will like it more once she starts to settle down and grows out of her ADHD phase. And stops climbing on things... and being so needy.

Right now Oreo is living in the backroom of my house. This way she won't get into things while I'm sleeping or get woken up at night and wake me up. My hope is that she will eventually sleep through the night on my feet or something. It's nice to not sleep alone.

Anyways, I'm starving. I had a half of a sandwich at Panera Bread for dinner. I don't want to eat a midnight snack, however... and so I continue to starve when I should be sleeping.

Today was an accomplishing sort of day. Still, it was unfullfilling. Perhaps that is why I am unable to sleep. I haven't fulfilled myself yet.

I had a good time this past weekend. Went out with some friends Saturday. Spent Sunday sleeping.

Sleep is fulfilling...

I'm looking forward to seeing the photographs that were taken Saturday night. They tell a story, sort of. The story of what you did. Which seems rather obvious and most probably did not need to be pointed out by myself.

In other words, I should go to sleep.

I watched a couple videos of me playing at Caffe Lena. Only, it wasn't me that I was watching. It was James Frederick. He looked very comfortable on stage and with the guitar in his hands. He was confident with his songs and strums. It certainly wasn't me because I never feel that way (comfortable and confident). Never. Okay, you should never say never... Rarely is a better fit.

Right now I feel hungry and tired... and uncomfortable laying on the couch. I am, however, confident that I'm not going to fall asleep any time soon.

Luckily, I will be in a training all day at work tomorrow. That's not to say that I can sleep through the training. In fact, I plan to pay attention and get something out of it. Rather, I won't have to think hard enough to make any decisions or choices. I can just sit. Listen. And take in.

Okay. Here we go. Logging off and trying to go to sleep. Wish me luck.

(PS -- I am not spell-checking this. Nor am I going to proof read. And I won't apologize for it either).