Day 2 (Vacation Diary)

I am sitting at my friend Tif's house. We just got home from an adventure at Sea World! We had a fabulous time.

Firstly: a catch up.

Albany. The plane boarded a little sooner than was planned and there were only like 40 people on it so it boarded fast. We ended up landing about 30 minutes earlier than expected, which was sweet because the line for picking up the rental car was long and took forever.

I picked up my car. It's a Hyundai Accent and looks like this:





It smells a little bit like cigarettes, but I didn't realize that until after I drove away with it. It has XM Satalite Stereo, which is tough to use while you are driving to a place that you've never been before on roads that you've never driven before. I managed to get on the wrong road (according to my directions), but found a road that took me to the right place.

After a trip to the market, I ate dinner with Tif at her house. Then we went to City Walk, which is the "area" of shops and clubs and eateries and such outside of Universal Studios. We walked the City Walk and stopped at Hard Rock. I bought four guitar pins! I picked up two right away and was torn between two others. Then I just bought all four. Can't wait to add them to my collection!!

We watched a band play at Margaritaville. They didn't play Jimmy Buffet. The lead singer had long hair and a fan in front of him that blew his hair every which way. It was quite dramatic. He also sang in different voices. For example: he did Metallica with the gruff "rrrrrouff to nevah nevah land" voice and then sang Journey's Don't Stop Believin' and channeled the higher Steve Perry tone. Wicked.

This morning, we woke up at eight and went to Sea World. Below are some pictures from the day:









There is a ride called Manta that we went on twice. It was pretty insane. I'd like to find a way to describe the way you ride the ride, but I can't. Check out www.seaworld.com for pictures and a video. It was a very smooth rollercoaster, which is my favorite type. We also rode Kraken, which was an insane ride, but not smooth. And Journey to Atlantis, which turned out to be a very, very wet ride! It was somewhat like the desperado plunge at the Great Escape. But, it was that times a thousand. We got soaked and decided that it was shower number two for the day.

Shower number three was at the Shamu show. We sat in the "soak zone" and wished we hadn't. We saw sharks in an under water viewing thing. And manatees. We pet sting rays and manta rays. (They feel slimey without any actual slime). I tried to pet a dolphin, but it kept just out of my reach. We saw a dolphin show. The last ride of the day was the Polar Express. It was kind of cheesy, but we got to see Santa Claus in the North Pole!







After Sea World, the car (Tif's, not the Accent) was making a funny chunka-chunka noise. We looked at each other with quizzical looks. Then we smelled the burned rubber smell. Tif pulled over and we found that the back right tired was swiss cheese.

Here is a not-so-good picture of the swiss tire:



Luckily, Tif's boyfriend was able to come out and help us put the donut on. (She didn't have a jack). Then we came back to her place and played a game of Scattergories.

Tomorrow, Tif works. I'm going to do some exploring of the Orlando area. There will most likely be a stop at Downtown Disney. I think I'd like to buy some Mickey Mouse ears...

Till next time.