Day 3 (Vacation Diary)

I am sleepy. So very sleepy. It's almost 11 and I've just returned from having a great dinner with Tif and her friends near Cocoa Beach. We ate at a bar and grill called (appropriately) Grills. Grills is on the inter coastal waterway (not that you needed to know that) and there was a nice breeze that kept things cool on an otherwise warmish night.

Right now, Tif is (seriously) using a nail file (at my suggestion) to fix a tooth crown that broke on her today. And it worked, apparently. So, the moral of the story is: if you ever break your tooth crown, you can use a nail file to smooth out the sharp parts and make your mouth happy.

Today's blog posting is soundtracked by the song Cape Canaveral by Conor Oberst. This is because there are a lot of signs around and to Titusville that also direct you to Cape Canaveral, which prompts me to think about -- and sing -- the song. I am listening to it on iTunes right now.

This morning, I got a late start. The alarm went off at 8:30 and I reached over (without looking) to the clock radio and hit the snooze button. Except that I didn't hit the snooze button and unintentionally turned the alarm function off. I realized this at 10:15.

After breakfast and showering, I went to Downtown Disney, which is basically a shopping/eating/being-entertained place. I grabbed a hot dog for lunch and walked through some shops. I bought some gifts at the House of Blues, spent a load of time in the Lego store, bought some more gifts and a souvenir for myself at World of Disney, and generally just hung out and enjoyed the sun and shade.

Next, I went to Old Town, which is a neat little area with shops and rides. It was a ghost town. There were literally no people besides me and shop owners. I popped in and out of shops, but didn't find anything that needed to be bought. I had an iced cappuccino and mooched some wi-fi off of a nearby restaurant.

At that time, I received a text from Tif inviting me out to dinner with her friends. I accepted (in text form) and left Old Town. I found an outlet mall and bought some shirts at the Gap and a pair of shoes that I will wear for work since I need new work shoes.

I got lost on my way back to Tif's, but arrived just in time to get changed for going out to dinner. Dinner was a lot of fun and Tif's friends -- like Tif -- are really cool people. Lots of laughs.

Here are some pictures I took at Downtown Disney. I think they are mostly self-explanatory:











(Okay. That last one needs an explanation. It's a build-your-own light saber station!! SWEET! I wanted to build one, but didn't want to pay twenty dollars to do so)

As for tomorrow... I'll be leaving my friend's place for a condo on the beach. I'm going to relax by the ocean for a bit and then head back to Orlando at night.

And on that note: it's past midnight and it's technically now day four of my vacation!