Day 5 (Vacation Diary)

I don't remember getting a tattoo last night... I do remember getting the word "Light" stamped on my left hand when I walked into a dance club (time out: Yes. I went into a dance club). I attempted to wash "Light" off my hand, but it doesn't seem to want to come off at this time...

More on the dance club later. First a catch up.

I woke up Wednesday morning and had some breakfast. My plan for the day? Lay by the pool. What did I do? I laid by the pool. First, I went across the street to shop for a beach towel. I had checked out some other places the night before, but didn't find any that weren't either cheaply made or costing more than I wanted to spend.







While laying by the pool, I listened to mp3s on my phone. Some pool-side-laying-around-music was brought to me by: The Killers, Cold Play, Franz Ferdinand, and Kings of Leon.

I left the pool around three o'clock when the sun went behind the hotel. Around five, I drove the strip (Atlantic Ave/A1A) and stopped off for food and drinks at a place called Mai Tai Bar. It was quite possibly the coolest venue I've been to. Mai Tai Bar is about a long stones throw from the ocean. They have gas fires above you. And the chairs are cousiony.







I watched/listened-to a solo acoustic performer. He played poorly original covers, but ultimately sounded pretty good. I started to miss my guitar. After the solo guy, a band set up and also played covers. I thought I would enjoy the night life at Mai Tai, but I was only one of about twelve people in the place. I left after the band's first set. I walked back to my car and discovered that I was parked directly in front of a dance club called Razzles. A sign said "Ladies Night" and so I walked in and was stamped on my left hand.





I could write about my experience at this place and fill about twenty pages. People is crazy... girls is crazy. I don't know why loud thumping R&B music makes women bend over and grind their rear ends up against dudes... For a little while I was standing next to a girl whose shirt was up over her bra, was wearing a short skirt, and was bent over so far her hands were on the ground, and this guy was grinding up against her butt. I walked away and later saw the same guy doing the same thing to a completely different girl!

I met some girls from Russia. I remember Jade, because the other girls had names that I couldn't figure out how to pronounce. I danced with them for about five minutes. Then they disappeared. I saw them dancing with themselves after that... I thought to myself, "am I that bad of a dancer?"

At one point, the DJ played a remix of Don't Stop Believin' by Journey. I video'd it along with the bewildered look that I often make when something strange is happening:



I left the club around 2:30. Came back to the hotel and passssssssssssssssed ouuuuuuuuuuut. Which is why I am posting about Day 5 on Day 6. It's 10 and the sun is shinning. I've got my swim trunks and my flippy-floppies... I'm going to go and lay by the pool with my mp3s.