A Short Blog About The Shortest Time I've Ever Spent In A Bar

Halloween. The party I was intending on going to was canceled last minute due to the host being ill. I was lucky enough to find a friend from high school who wanted to go out for a drink. We met at Partner's Pub in Johnstown and chatted and watched the Yankees Games -- even though neither of us could have cared what happened. It was a fun time. Afterwards, we walked to the Miss Johnstown Diner -- the legendary greasy spoon. My friend went home and I started to walk myself home. Then I realized that if I spent a little more time out, I might be good enough to drive home. So, I walked to a different bar: O'Connors.

I ran into a friend outside and chatted with her for a moment. Then I went in to see if there was anyone else I knew. I walked toward the back of the crowded bar, weaving in and out of groups of people that were milling about. I found myself face to face with a scantily clad girl. She was very ugly. She took my hat off (the fedora) and put it on her head. She start gyrating to the ghetto music that was playing. She moved closer to me and soon grinding on my leg. I'm certain a photograph of the moment would have revealed a shocked expression on my face. After another moment, she put my hat back on my head. It was crooked and I went to fix it. The next thing I knew she had my face in her hands and her creepy lips were coming at me faster than I could respond. She kissed me. She pulled back. I turned my head toward the door. And I left.

I sat on some steps around the corner for 15 minutes. Then walked to my car. I was safe driving home.

Drinks with a friend: treat. Kiss by an ugly girl at the bar: trick.