Blog You. You Blogging Blogger.

It's not very late on a cold December Sunday. Even so, I am in bed (which is where I spent a good portion of my day) being warm and sleepy. The headache that I have had since this morning is finally subsiding and I feel that I may be able to fall asleep peacefully without being in pain. The comfort of this realization has prompted me to open up blogger and write.

You see, it has been a while since I've blogged. Two weeks, as a matter of fact. And I should have a lot to write about. The problem with having a lot to write about is that when you do open blogger a whole bunch of things start to happen: 1) You have no idea where to start 2) You fear that you'll forget to write about something 3) You leave out bits and pieces of things in order to prevent yourself from writing a lot 4) You know it's going to take a while to get it all down, so you give up and leave it as a draft.

All such thoughts are going through my head...

Still, I haven't blogged in two weeks and I need to get all this stuff out of my head so that I have twice as much to write about next week.

Let's start with the recent holiday. I found myself attending two thanksgiving dinners: one with my mom at a friend of her's place and one with my dad. There was the usual food stuffs available for consumption at both and both sets of dinner were fabulously delicious. The problem, however, occurred to me on Friday. Even though I attended two thanksgiving dinners, I did not end up with any left-overs. This prompted me to seek out a turkey when I went to the grocery store on the Monday after the holiday weekend. Oddly enough, they had no turkey.

Friday night (after the holiday) turned out to be a blast. I went "out" with friends and found myself (along with my friends) buying one friend (who has "not been drunk in a long time!") drinks all night. Eventually, everyone left (except me) and wondering where they had gone, I texted them. The text I received from my drunk friend read: "yeai goinoninome" and I will never forget it.

My friends left without me because I was in the back of a bar being hugged by a girl that I had graduated high school with some time ago. She was in town for the holiday and we randomly ran into each other at the bar. I stayed later than my friends catching up and whatnot and eventually gave her and some of her companions a ride home. (despite the getting-my-friend-drunk, I was quite sober).

Not much else occurred through the weekend, so I shall fast forward to Thursday (aka Open mic night).

I braved the Victorian Stroll in Saratoga to get to Open Mic. I had to park four or five blocks away due to the sheer amount of people taking up the city. I also had to stand in line forever to get some food at Uncommon Grounds. Part of my standing-in-line-forever was brought to me by a youngish couple with their toddler who wanted a happy meal so bad I almost walked back to my car and drove to the nearest McDonald's for him. I stood with guitar in hand and laptop over my shoulder waiting while mom and dad read and reread the menu to the kid asking him what he wanted. He didn't want to budge on the chicken nuggets (who would?) as the watch on my wrist got closer and closer to open mic time. Eventually, I did get waited on and was able to eat quickly and get to Caffe Lena in time.

It was a short list of performers (a lot of people stay out of the city on Victorian Stroll night) and a three-song-night. I played three originals and rather poorly, I might add. The sound was not working with me and the monitors kept cutting in and out. Through the first song I couldn't hear my guitar and messed up enough times. The frustration of getting to the open mic and then sucking lead to an unfulfilling night overall. Even so, it was good to see the familiar faces at Lena's. It has been a while thanks to the holiday, my vacation, and being sick for three weeks. Wow. Over a month with no open mic.

On Friday, I went "out" with friends again. First I stopped off at the friend-who-we-got-drunk-last-week's house for pizza and a movie. He refused to go out again after last week. "Out" was somewhat fulfilling. Lots of friends and laughing and whatnot.

Saturday, I went to Troy's Revolution Hall for the Alta Mira CD release show. It was a blast and the band's sounded amazing! I picked up the CD and am dying to start playing it for people. The sound at the show was truly fabulous and the lighting was wicked cool. Unfortunately the weather was bad and the roads were slippery. This most likely contributed to the 300 people who were present (there easily could have been more).

I could write more about the show, but there are sure to be plenty of reviews and pictures and things all over the local music websites. I could also post pictures from my cell phone, but they aren't going to amount to anything compared to what the professional photographers are going to post.

Plus, it's a little bit latter now and the headache is completely gone, but I'm tired. It's been a long week at work and late nights for the past few. I need the sleep, so I'm going to take it when I can get it.

I have a brief "to do" list that I neglected this weekend... I'll have to do it this week. I also want to put up some Christmas decorations. Right. Bed.