Sweats

I hate sweat pants and I use the word "hate" because it is a simple word and tends to be precise. However, I feel a stronger distaste to sweat pants than the word "hate" can truly communicate. (This thought is brought to you by the three college age women at Panera bread who are wearing sweats and look disgusting). *Note: the last time I wore sweat pants, I was in 6th grade. I have not worn them since.

I'm in Panera Bread (as you may have guessed) in Schenectady. I'm having a "me-date." First, I picked up some cat paraphernalia for Orea (my cat), which was the purpose of me leaving the house today. Then, I went to Barnes and Noble and spent about fifty dollars on books. I think I am excited about reading again. I had picked up a bunch of books back in late summer and started reading one of them. I just couldn't get into it... it remains one of only a handful of books that I started and did not complete. I grabbed some interesting looking fantasy/sci-fi genre novels today and paid for them with a large smile on my face. I then ran a couple of other errands and ended up at Panera for broccoli cheddar soup on a bread bowl. The perfect dinner for a me-date.

"What is a me-date?" you may ask. Well, it's basically when you go out and treat yourself. I read about it in a Woman magazine like Cosmo or... the other one that's a lot like Cosmo while at the place-where-I-get-my-hair-cut (Yes. It's a SALON. Ya Happy?). A lot of women go on me-dates and get facials or manicures or such. I buy books and eat bread bowls and blog. I like to do something music related on a me-date: see a band or attend an open mic or buy picks and strings and whatnot. Tonight, I'm going to head over to a friend's house to play Wii and be social. I'm skipping the music related part because of the impending ice storm that the weather people are saying is on it's way. So, I'm going to stay close to home.

(Oh my god. The sweat pants girls just got up and left their table and the restaurant and were replaced by another group of sweat pants girls!!! Sweats are the downfall of our society.)




-----



I played harmonica at the open mic for the first time and did quite well. I played My Motorcyle, which has a lot of room for improvisation in the key of E, and Endless, in which I play in the cross harp key of D (I think). I really need to write down what key harmonica I use for what songs... that will help a lot for performances.

I decided that I need something to carry my harmonicas around in... they came in a nice little case, but I have trouble carrying that, my guitar, and the contraption that holds the harmonica that I'm playing. I checked out some possibilities at a few stores, but nothing fit my budget and my requirements for size and carrying style.

I put a couple of videos on YouTube of my playing some cover songs with harmonica parts. They came out fairly good except for the poor quality of the webcam and the laptop microphone.

Here they are:





And on that note, snow is falling. I'm going to head home before the roads become not-drivable.