Of Things In Which I'm Not Doing Right Now and a Bunch of Other Stuff

I should be mowing my lawn... it's not a jungle, but it's close. If you were to drive my house you might think, "That person should mow his lawn." But, you wouldn't think, "That person NEVER mows his lawn! He should get a ticket!" I should also be doing the dishes or folding the laundry or cleaning the back porch.

At seven o'clock on a weekday, and being in the current state-of-being that I find myself in, I do not think I can pull off any of these tasks.

If I started to mow the lawn, it would be dark before I finished. If I cleaned the back porch, I would need to clean it again Friday (and I have taken Friday off from work and will have all day long to do chores) and why would I want to clean it twice? I could fold the laundry, but I have already been taking clean clothes out of the baskets that they are currently in and why would I want to ruin that good thing by actually folding it? And the dishes? Eff the effing dishes.

I'm truly burned out like I have not been in a long time. The last five days or so have been really trying at work and because of this I've actually lost sleep over bits and pieces of various things that have happened. Some of my co-workers witnessed the mother of all hissy fits that I threw at work today. I'm done hissy fitting (for now) and plan on chilling out for the rest of the night before I go back to work tomorrow and face it all again!

Even though I'm facing all this frustration and craziness at work I am, oddly enough, feeling rather at a high point in my life in general. I'm on cloud nine about a new relationship that has begun to develop, I'm writing lots (as in songs), and I've been receiving some splendid comments on my performances at open mic. I really can't wish or desire for more at this point.

This past week at open mic I played For the First Time and Saving the World, and -- as I've said -- received some good feedback from other open mikers.

Some of the writing that I have been doing hasn't resulted in anything solid at this particular point in time. Most of it loose ideas strung together without a real end point or purpose. Still, it's coming out of me quite regularly, which is something that hasn't happened for a few years. Inspiration was stiffled... or smothered (as is illustrated in For the First Time).

At any rate, thanks for reading these ramblings. It's 7:30 and I'm pooped. I'm going to go strum myself to sleep.