Sunday night, why have you arrived much sooner than expected? It is growing dark outside and I have not made all of the proper arrangements for your arrival. Such is life, I suppose... When there is something that you want, it takes forever to get it; when there is something that you don't want (Sunday night for instance), it's right there BOOM.

I am in bed and am in pain. My back is so sore and my back muscles are in knots (seriously, you can feel 'em!). I think I am in this current state from the week and weekend that I had.

Firstly, I had a wonderful weekend LAST weekend. I spent much of Saturday and Sunday with a person that I am growing more and more fond of every day. I had an absolute blast and would love to write more about it, but there are some things that shouldn't be broadcasted to the world via blog (besides the fact that I would write it like a movie script -- because that is what it felt like while I was living it -- and it would take a long time to put it in that format).

The week itself, however, was quite stressful. Work was... rough and I found myself and my emotions pulled in a million different directions at once. I felt sad one moment and full-on scared for my life the next. I worked late on Thursday and didn't have time to chill out between work and Open Mic.

At Lena's Open Mic, I played second to last. I played Just Breathe by Pearl Jam and an original song, which I am totally drawing a blank on... wow... Open mic was relaxing as always, but I didn't get home until midnight and had to get up for one more stressful day of work before the weekend.

After work on Friday, I took a quick shower and then headed off to Saratoga with a good friend. We ate. We spent a good 20 minutes in the Sci-Fi/Fantasy section at Borders. Then we went to a bar to meet up with some other friends for Karaoke.

There were basically the eight or so of us (friends) and between five and ten other people there depending on the time of night. Not a big crowd (I've had more people show up for my gigs!), but it meant that we had a better chance at doing the songs we wanted to do. For me that consisted of Whoomp! There is is, Hungry Like the Wolf, Hit Me With Your Best Shot, White Wedding, and I'm Too Sexy -- which I did not pick for myself but turned out to be wickedly entertaining. If you are a facebook friend, you may get to see some video from the night.

I got home late from Karaoke. Woke up early on Saturday, packed up my guitar and PA gear, and played a two and a half hour set at the Gloversville Farmer's Market (there is a picture and article at the Leader Herald's website). I had a blast playing and definitely sounded good for the first two hours. The last half hour was a little touch and go. Fatigue set in and my fingers were killing me and messed up quite badly a couple of times!

Even so, I got some tips and was able to take home a free loaf of bread -- which is insanely delicious!

I went home afterwards and napped outside for a few hours. Then I got together with some friends for drinks and snacks on a front porch in the evening. Today (Sunday), I mowed the lawn and took care of some other chores. I also worked for a few hours to snag some over time pay.

And my back hurts. It hurts from the go-go-going that I have been doing since Thursday. And it hurts from the two and half hours of playing (standing) and lugging equipment to and from my car and house. And it hurts from the mowing the lawn and the working a few hours. And it hurts from washing dishes when I shouldn't have because it was already telling me that it hurt and I should quit. And it still hurts after taking twice the amount of Ibuprofen that is recommended on the bottle...

I really really want the pain to go away fast... which is probably why it is not going away.