Sometimes I Feel Like Superman

Bob Schneider has a song in which he says, "Sometimes I feel like Superman; sometimes I'm just recuperating." And said line applies so often in my life that I feel it should be my motto or creed or disclaimer for poor performance ("I saved the world yesterday... and as such, I'm taking things easy today. So, no -- I'm not done with that report yet.").

Today, Sunday (10/10/10 -- mind you!) -- and most likely tomorrow, as well -- I'm recuperating. In fact, as today has wore on, I have felt more and more like I'm 90 years old or something. My body... aches... for lack of a better word. Yesterday, I mowed the lawn and trimmed some bushes using hedge clippers. There was one branch of a lilac bush that was tall and I attempted to cut it off at about my height. I lifted the clippers above my head and chopped as hard as I could muster (it was a thick-ish branch). Something in my shoulder "popped" or "snapped." I can't really be sure which it was because I was mostly distracted by the pain that I suffered simultaneously to sound. I believe I dislocated my shoulder because I couldn't support the weight of the hedge clippers with my right arm (the one that "popped" or "snapped" or "crackled" -- haha). I'm still in pain today and am attempting to not-use-that-arm-as-much-as-possible, which is IMpossible when you love playing guitar and need that arm to strum. (In case you are wondering, yes – it hurts to strum).

Earlier today, I did a lot of walking (not really "a lot" in the sense that I eventually found myself crawling and/or laying down to die due to the amount of walking; "a lot" in the sense that it was more-walking-than-I'm-typically-used-to-doing). And because of the walking my legs are somewhat sore (again, from the not-walking-that-much-very-often).

The night previous (Saturday night) was epic! It involved friends, bowling, drinking, pool, drinking, and tomfoolery. I laughed A LOT. I made a lot of bad jokes. And this caused me to laugh A LOT. It was a blast and the particular friends, bowling, drinking, etc. had a lot to do with making it so. The night didn't end until about 3:30 when I finally laid down in my bed (laughing). It was a "Superman" kind of night where I was full of energy the entire time and easily could have taken bullets (like Superman), even though I did not partake in any human sheild-esque activities.

In other words, Saturday night I felt like Superman (despite the dislocated shoulder -- and, yes, I am aware that bowling was probably not very good at all for it) and today I feel like crap...

(As a brief side note: I recently purchased a few different candles with scents ranging from "Mocha Latte" to "Mint Mocha Madness" and other coffee related flavors. And even though it's cold outside, and in some areas of my house, there is a generally "warm" feeling -- which I attribute to my coffee scented candles.)





------------






As for music related happenings: I am learning some new covers. My favorite of which is One Headlight by the Wallflowers. I was quite obsessed with the band in my teenage years and have loved them ever since. One Headlight was a favorite song for many reasons, but I struggled to cover it. Recently, however, I stumbled across a different arrangement completely by accident using a capo.

Here is a vid from when I was still "learning" it:



I may have written about how awesome I am in another entry. But, I took some pictures to solidify the claim.





In case you can't tell, it says: "James Frederick is Awesome" and it is written in graffiti style on the men's room wall at Caffe Lena. NO! I did not write it myself! Although, I do not dispute it's claim...

I noticed it, um, while... peeing. It's written just below eye level to the right of where you stand to pee. And as I was doing what I needed to do, my eyes wandered over the various lyrics, quotes, jokes, random statements, and such that grace the walls of the bathroom. Then, to my surprise, I read "James Frederick is Awesome." I dripped a little on the floor... (Just kidding!)

Now, if this is written in the men's bathroom... I can only imagine what is written in the women's bathroom... haha. Yeah...