You Can't Always Get What You Want...

9:45 on a Tuesday Night. In Bed.

I'm in bed this early for a few reasons. 1) there is currently nothing to do in any other area of the house 2) the only things that I should be doing at this time of night can be done on my lap top, which -- of course -- is portable 3) my bed is the warmest place in the house and I'm cold.

I'd really love to be out doing something right now... but it's late-ish and I work in the morning, so I can't really be out and about. I wouldn't mind being out and about, mind you, but there really isn't anyone to be out and about with at this hour and so... it's quite the conundrum, you see.

What I want right now is a tropical island (or just a beach or ocean). I want a plane ride and a hotel room. I want warm sand and cool water. I want some waves. I want fire pits and acoustic music. I want a beach party with or' devours (nachos). I want to feel that humid breeze off the ocean late at night. I want to hold her in my arms and kiss her beneath the moonlight, the sound of waves crashing against the shore is a backdrop to those little smacking noises you get if you kiss properly.

I want a little adventure in my life.

You can't always get what you want, however.

But, if you try sometimes... you might find...

I was really freaking out about two weeks ago when I did my taxes and found out that I will have to pay six hundred and eighty dollars. Then, working out my finances through the end of March, I didn't see how I was going to be able to make the payment. I'm paycheck to paycheck guy right now.

I played with the numbers multiple times, but I am just not getting enough income at the right time to get everything paid.

Feeling pretty downtrodden about the whole money situation was putting me down in the dumps.

However, I decided to play with my financial numbers again. This time, I went all the way up to April 15th, which is the last day you can file your taxes. With an extra paycheck in there, and making a lower payment on my credit card than is usual, I am able to pay all of my bills and the taxes.

Which is, I guess, what I need.

I can't afford to do what I want (ocean, moonlight, or' devours, kissing), but at least I'm getting all of my bills paid on time and I'm able to eat on a regular basis.

However, if anyone wants to take me on an adventure... I do have that credit card...