Storminess, Missing Limbs, Insomnia, Harmonica, Erotica

Catchy title, eh? It all makes sense in my mind...

I can't sleep. It's only just about my bed time, but I'm logging on now to blog because we all know that I'm going to end up here eventually anyway. (Insomnia) I have trouble sleeping in general. I have extra trouble sleeping when my mind is running in circles about one particular thing or another. I have extra, extra trouble sleeping when I'm excited about being voted into the Finals of a songwriter contest that I entered. Not to mention it's rather stormy out at the moment. (Storminess) It's the first thunderstorm of the season (not exactly sure which season since -- technically -- it's spring, but today was so warm it felt like summer) and the wind is whipping and wind chimes are... chimming (leave it to my neighbors to have wind chimes out already). During the last storm (a winter storm) that we had, many tree limbs fell and littered my yard. One particularly large limb fell in my front yard and across the sidewalk. I used all of my strength to move it off of the side walk and into my front yard where I would leave it and deal-with-it-later. Later came and went and the tree limb remained. (Missing Limbs) Today I came home from work and to my surprise, the tree limb was gone... not even a note left in its place... Too bad, too. I wanted to expend an inhuman amount of energy trying to use a hand saw to cut it up into less-big, maneuverable pieces... Currently, I'm wondering if one of my neighbors got sick of the blight of my tree branch and took care of it. Either way, it freed me up this evening to play some guitar in anticipation of the Garage to Glory Finals. I know very little about what the finals will entail at this point, but it seems to be that each performer will have 10 minutes of stage time, which equals two songs. I have chosen the second song to play (assuming that I will also play For the First Time) and decided to spice it up a little bit with a brief harmonica solo. (Harmonica) I have been practicing the new solo for about an hour.

And by now you have noticed that I brought together all of the words from the title into my blog post except one. (Erotica) I'm happy to report that I am blogging naked.