Now and Then

You can't predict the future. Who really wants to, anyway? I mean, if you could -- and you knew exactly what would transpire in days/weeks/years -- what fun would now be?

Still, right now is pretty awesome and the way in which things (music related things, that is) are going, the future seems to promise even more awesomeness.

Right now, I'm recording an album. It's really shaping up to sound great. Each recording is really impressing me with the instrumentation, the parts played by friends, and the tone. It seems like every time I hear a track, it's my favorite until I hear one of the other ones. It looks like tracking should be done in two or three weeks. Then, mixing and mastering. Then, printing.

Then, I'm releasing the album. I'll be sending it out to radio stations and venues. I hope to be booking gigs and doing some radio interviews and performances.

Right now, I'm playing with a band. Foxmen, the band, has been playing at open mics and rehearsing in a friend's garage. We've got a bunch of songs together, including my own, some we've written together, and some that the other guys have written, as well as, some covers. We are going to continue rehearsing and playing open mics. We hope to double our repertoire in the next month or so.

Then, we'll really get out there. We'll piggyback off of my solo album's release and our performances at open mic nights to book some gigs. We'll start blowing up social media with our name. We don't have any real plans to take over the world, but we hope to play book lots of gigs. I suspect in the more distant future that we'll be looking to do an EP or full-length album.

While, then hasn't happened yet and the anticipation is killing me, now is pretty awesome. I love playing open mics with Foxmen as we develop our relationship as a band. I also love working out arrangements and writing new stuff. The recording process, while daunting at times, is a lot of fun. Seeing how my songs develop from just guitar and vocals to full band arrangements is like... (hold on, I'm trying to think of a metaphor)... it's like a dog learning new tricks... or like watching a child grow up? Ugh... I'm low on metaphors right now (they are all going into songs!).