Time. Specifically, There Isn't Really Enough of It.

I have barely touched my guitar in two weeks. Last night, I played six or so songs in a row and that was the most action the six strings have seen in a while. I just don't have the time.

Tomorrow, I am leaving the job that I worked at for six years to pursue other adventures. The new adventure (job) is outside of Albany, which would make my commute from where I currently live to be about an hour and five minutes. So, I'm looking at apartments in Albany and the surrounding areas.

Apartment hunting has been tedious and I've only just started. I've also cleaned my current apartment from top to bottom to take some pictures for my landlord, so he can put up an ad and get someone moved in.

So, I'm spending my time looking at apartment ads, contacting apartment people, and going out and looking at apartments. There are some really crappy places out there with high rent prices. There are also some really nice places for affordable rents. Finding the latter is complicated by the process of weeding out the former.

The whole uncertainty of where I'm going to be living next month is terrifying. Add to that the anxiety of starting a new job, with new people, new job duties, new environment, etc.

However, what's really tearing at my emotions right now is leaving my old job. Not the job itself, mind you -- that's wonderful in many, many ways. Rather, I'm torn up about saying goodbye to so many people who have been in my life for so many years.

When you are in any given place for as many as 35 hours a week, you tend to develop a comfortable relationship with many of the people who are also in that place. And you don't really realize how important they are until you have to leave them.

I've already been close to tears three or four times in the last two days. Tomorrow is the last time that I will see many of my co-workers. Some of them, will remain friends on social media. A few of them are close friends and we'll continue to get together. There is already talk of a Mexican restaurant night to celebrate. And some of my coworkers can't wait to use my new place (when I get a new place) as a "crash pad." Hopefully, I find something big enough...

Lastly, I only have a rough idea of what I'm going to be taking home at this new job. Taxes and health insurance and union dues and retirement contributions are all things that cut down that salary that you are initially quoted. I am very unsure about what I'm going to be able to afford in the coming months.

And that's pretty scary.