A Valentine's Day Story: How Football Cock Blocked Me

This is a great opportunity to bash a woman I went out on a date with recently. God, I love blogging. I also love being totally honest!

We met on a dating site in December. I believe she contacted me first. We exchanged messages almost every day and both had a lot to say about each other's interests. It was a good start as far as meeting someone on a dating site goes. We advanced to telephone contact and texting and set up a date.

We met for coffee at a chic little coffee shop in Albany. Coffee went well, despite the typical awkwardness of a first meeting. We decided after coffee that we were hungry and went to look for a place to eat. We found a cute little indian restaurant and had some curry. Everthing continued to be going well and I was beginning to dig being around this girl. I didn't want the date to end right there and neither did she. We went to a nearby bar to play darts and watch the football games. Stacey (yes, I'm using her name; I don't care if she somehow reads this and realizes I am bashing her... she should know she deserves bashing), explained that she is die hard New England Patriots fan and really needed to watch the game. I enjoyed watching the game with her. I was rooting for her team. They won. Cool. We finished our drinks and decided that we would call it a night. Stacey lives an hour and a half from Albany and I live 45 minutes in the other direction. We hugged and decided that we would definitely get together again and I would drive the further distance. I kissed her. We went our separate ways.

The following week, we texted quite a bit. She told me she had a nice time. We talked about getting together again, but we had weird availability. The Patriots won their next football game and went on to the superbowl. Then the Giants won their game and went to the Superbowl. Being someone who lives in NY, I always root for the NY teams. I'm not a sports fan, but I enjoy the excitement around the playoffs in most any sport -- especially when NY teams are in them. Stacey and I joked with eachother over texts about which team would win the superbowl. However, her texts came less often and were usually just one sentance answers to questions I asked.

Then, the Giants won the superbowl. The last I heard from Stacy was a text just before the Superbowl started. "Go PATSSSSSSS!" it said. I wrote back, "May the best team win (again)." I then texted her twice more during the game including my final text "Still friends? =P." I didn't not hear back from her. I called her a few days later and left her a message. She didn't respond. I called her a few more days later. Still no response.

And that is my Valentine's Day Story. My football team winning the Superbowl = no second date. WTF is that all about? Who stops contacting someone because their football team beat yours? How do I find these people?