Daytona Beach Sept 2016, Part 3


September 7, 2016 9:00pm
Daytona Beach Resort, Daytona Beach, Fl

I had a tough time waking up this morning for no known reason whatsoever and my stomach felt sort of off. All this vacation food has caught up with me, I think.






I eventually made my way poolside and sat in the shade, reading, before dipping in the pool, laying in the sun, and dipping in the pool again.




We ate at Stonewood again and played mini-golf at Pirate's Cove again. I won this round thanks to four hole-in-ones. I was on fire for the first nine holes, with three hole-in-ones and six hole-in-twos. Then, I hit three after three after three for most of the back nine and ended the round with the fourth hole-in-one.

(Yarr! I be Blackball the Pirate!)



It's 9:00pm and I don't feel the least bit tired. My stomach seems to be back to it's normal self and I feel like doing something. I'd like to seek out adventure and intrigue and rum beverages!

I'll likely read and go to bed.



-------------------


September 8, 2016 10:00pm
Daytona Beach Resort, Daytona Beach, Fl

No intrigue or rum drinks for me. I ended up walking the beach for about an hour. I really wanted to sleep on the sand. There is something about that cool, silkiness of the ocean sand at night.



(My dad took this sunrise picture).







Anyways, I am sunburned. I spent more hours in the sun today than any previous day and should have put on another coat of sunscreen instead of thinking that cooling off in the pool regularly would stop me from getting burned. I must say, I had been thinking -- up until now -- that it wasn't feeling like a true vacation because I hadn't been burned. Fool, I am.


I relaxed for a bit and then explored some ancient temples, apparently.


I found a full unbroken shell on the beach among all of the broken pieces.


I did enjoy two excellent Pina Coladas whilst slowly cooking myself over the course of the day.

I do believe I shall partake in the enjoyment of drinking Pina Coladas again tomorrow. Though, that will have to occur, mostly, in the shade.


Dinner tonight was informal at the cabana bar. I had pork tacos and fries and rather enjoyed it almost as much as the fancier dinners.

After dinner, we went to my dad's balcony to watch a rocket launch from Cape Canaveral. I played my guitar for a bit and then walked the beach again before bed.

It's funny how often I am rubbing some sort of stuff on myself while on vacation. First it's sun tan lotion. Later on, it's aloe gel. Tonight, I rubbed some stranger things on myself. I googled fast sun burn remedies and found more than one person praising the effectiveness of rubbing apple cider vinegar on the sun burn -- there were before and after pictures; it seemed legit. So, I went across the street to Publix grocery store and picked some up. I also bought coconut oil. The irony of rubbing cooking oil on my self after actually cooking myself is hilarious to me.

The scent isn't all that bad... it coulda been worse, I suppose. They could have recommended fish oil. If this remedy works half as good as it is supposed to, I'll be happy tomorrow. If it works less than half as a good, then tomorrow is really going to suck.


---------------------


September 9, 2016 9:45pm
Daytona Beach Resort, Daytona Beach, Fl

It (the apple cider vinegar) worked just about half as a good at it was supposed to.

I hung out in the ocean for a little bit again today.




And spent the afternoon in the pool or in the shade and just a little bit in the sun, reading or sipping Pina Coladas.



Dinner was at Stonewood again. Rather than getting filet mingon, I opted for a chicken dish that was really good.

We played mini-golf again after saying "goodbye" and "see you soon" to my grandparents (even though, "soon" will likely be another year for me).





#II. All mateys get equal share of the booty. (Sorry, but once I get some booty, I don't share.)





The color of the sky at Pirate's Cove was... There are really no words to describe it. It was just amazing. I was more focused on getting a good picture of it than I was on playing mini-golf. I'm disappointed that the background seems so degraded (I don't know what the technical term is, but if you look closely, you'll see what I mean). It's supposed to be kinda blurry, but it's like... pixely and blurry...


Back at the resort, I packed most of my things and will only have a little to do tomorrow morning before we leave for the airport. It will be another really early morning.

Mostly, I'm looking forward to my own bed and bland diet. The foods I ate on vacation were fantastically yummy to my taste buds, but only gently tolerated by my broken stomach.

I'm really going to miss the beach, though; I wish I could take that with me. Maybe I'll buy a sandbox...


----------------------


September 10, 2016
Somewhere over the east coast

Pretty skies this morning:








Orlando, Fl:

(Sunny)

Albany, NY:

(overcast, gray)